Chapter 31

~Only had time to re read half of it for any errors. I'll fix them later if there are any. Hope you all have a good week!! :) ~

I woke up when I heard a thud. I reached over and didn't feel Harry next to me.

"Harry?" I raised my head and only saw Aidan sleeping peacefully in his spot. Still groggy from the long night, I sat up and stretched before swinging my legs over the side of the bed. "Harry?" I called out again and still got no answer.

I pulled the blankets back up to cover Aidan and then stepped into the hallway. Walking through the living room I noticed my keys were no longer by my purse. Harry must of gone somewhere. I picked up my phone form the counter and hit his speed dial. It rang several times before going to voicemail.

"Hey, where are you? Call me back" I hung up and sat my phone back down. I looked around the living room and kitchen as I debated on doing a bit of cleaning before Harry returned. Assuming he was coming back at some point. I pulled my hair into a bun and secured it with the hair tie on my wrist.

After turning on my usual playlist I got to work straightening the apartment. Aidan woke up not too long after and I fixed him cereal before continuing to clean.

Once I was done I sat next to him at the table and read through my emails. I had several from Jonah and another from Lo. I clicked on the ones from Jonah first. My flight and hotel information was attached and an itinerary for the trip. We would only be there a few days and it looked like meetings would be where most of my time was spent. Jonah was also no longer going. He had a couple meetings for other projects and wouldn't make it on time to travel with us. I knew Harry would be relieved.

"Mommy, where is Daddy?" He sat on his knees in the chair next to me, leaning over his bowl.

"I'm not sure but didn't mommy tell you to sit all the way down at the table?"

"Yes" he pushed out his bottom lip and repositioned himself.

"Thank you" I smiled and he sighed. "Life is so hard when you have to sit on your bottom huh?"

He nodded and I laughed at how dramatic he was. I watched him finish his cereal and he climbed down from the chair.

"You have to take a bath in about 10 minutes okay?"

"Okay" he walked to his room and I went back to reading emails.

I read through Lo's email and she was going to need me later in the afternoon. I looked at the time and it was just after 10. Harry hadn't called or texted. I grabbed my phone once more and dialed his number. It rang and a second later I heard the front door open. I sat my phone down and Harry appeared around the corner.

"Hey, love" he walked over and sat down two cups of coffee.

"Where were you?"

"I went to make the police report" he shrugged and kissed my cheek.

"What did they say?" I picked up one of the cups and sipped the warm drink.

"They made a note of everything. They couldn't do much. No witnesses. No prof-"

"Did you tell them about Liam? Are they going to look into it at all?" I turned to face him as he walked to the fridge.

"I told them. They can't do anything"

"Nothing? They won't even look into it?"

"There is nothing proving Liam had anything to do with it, Charlie. We can't just assume Liam is behind everything that happens in our lives"