Chapter 8 - Paintball,Deathball

Another day,another challenge awaits the campers! I was already waiting with Chris at Camp Wawanakwa with our cups of coffee,laughing about something while giving the campers some time to eat breakfast and get ready for the next challenge of the day "This is going to be great but also calming" Said Chris,I raised my brow while smiling "You call shooting each other with paintball guns ''calming'', you can't be serious?" I said,questioning his words as he chuckled "Of course I'm serious Y/N!" Then the campers walked out of the mess hall and headed to their cabins,they were waving at me 'good morning', I do the same and smile. Chris lightly hits my arm,causing me to face him. "What's with you and the campers?" He asks out of curiousity,I continued to smile to that question "Well,even if I'm just your assistant,that doesn't mean that I can't get along with the others,I get along with some of your crew too" I said,he smiles and nods his head as a way to say "That's true".

We got to the campsite where both teams were waiting,I was carrying a couple of paintball guns,camo hats,goggles and..deer antlers and tails? Weird but okay. I placed down the equipment on one of the logs while Chris was explaining the rules of the challenge to the campers,I placed down the items next to him while feeling unsettled about the paintball guns. My unease surrounds me as I start to shake,not because of the cold breeze or anything,but from fear,then I heard a voice talking to me and then I heard someone's finger snap.
I stopped spacing out as I looked at the person that snapped their fingers "Y/N,are you okay? You're shaking,are you cold or something?" Asked Chris,a bit concerned about me suddently spacing out,I shake my head "Yeah,I'm fine,nothing to worry about" I said,my voice was a bit shaky,Chris just shrugged his shoulders and turned to look at the campers again,I let out a sigh as I looked away from the paintball guns to not get that uneasy feeling again.
The challenge began for the campers as Chris sends out the "deers" first before the hunters,to give them time to look around and do whatever they want,the rest that are hunters had to wait for a little bit.

I was just sipping my coffee by the unlit campfire and taking in the scenery of the island "I wish that I could see these kinds of sceneries more often" I said to myself while breathing in the forest air. Then I heard some sort of clicking noise behind me,I quickly turn around to see Chef and Chris in camo outfits with paintball guns in hand. I stood up,shaking a little bit. "You wouldn't dare" I said as I take two steps back and prepare myself to run,they both let out a laugh and point their paintball guns at me "Oh yes we would" said Chris as he points the paintball gun at me and as he was about to pull the trigger,I pull out a smoke bomb that I found among the items that I brought to him for the challenge. I throw it on the ground,it explodes and smoke quickly surrounded them as I made a run for it towards the forest on our side of the island.

"Damn,she reacted that quickly!?" Said Chef who was surprised at how Y/N pulled that off,Chris was also pretty surprised "I have no idea man, but we gotta catch her" he said as his surprised expression turned into a smug look "It's 'hunting' season Chef,let's go get her" he said as he motioned for Chef to head to the forest with him to search for Y/N.

Author's note
|
V
Hello everyone! Author here!
Sorry for the huge hiatus on this book/fanfic, I was really busy with my studies and they're driving me up the wall, also I'm really sick at the moment, ya know a fever,cold,etc.
I'll try to stay active as much as I can but I also have a lot of shit that I need to get ready for,so please be patient with me. (; ̄ー ̄川
But I hope that you're enjoying the story so far,again I apologize for the hiatus.