9/2

Author's Note: Y/N's past is just fiction please, I'm not comparing this to any kind of real life event! Just a heads up, enjoy!

I waited for Chef in the medical tent,I have to stay here for a bit longer due to the check up and for my injuries to get patched up. He came back with two cups in his hands,I raised my brow. "What's with the cups Chef?" I ask him,he puts one on the table and the other in my hand. "You can tell me about what made you scared just now,if you want to of course,I'm not pushing you" He said as he continues to patch my arm up. I think for a bit and then I look at him. "I'll tell you why I was..like that just now" I said as a shiver was sent down my spine,he finished patching up my arm and he nods his head,meaning that I could start telling him about my trauma and fear of explosions.

"So it all started in Italy,I was on vacation with my family to learn more about the culture and such,I was around 14 at that time. We were getting ready to go look around the town's market and walk around the shore and..."
I stopped for a minute,I felt my whole body shiver as I take a quick sip from the cup that Chef gave me. He was sitting in front of me,listening to my tale,he was really patient "You don't have to continue if you don't want to Y/N" He said,I shake my head as I placed the cup on the table next to me.
"There was a nearby explosive that was set off, which scared us half to death. We were able to run away from it, but than someone shot my dad in the chest and he collapsed. Good thing that we were near a hospital at the time, so we quickly took him there to safety..."
I paused again, trying to keep my composure. Chef was listening to my story, his expression changed while listening as he was sitting there quietly in front of me.
"We got there in time but the wound was already getting worse by the minute, they were able to do a operation and look after him, but it didn't end up well...and he passed away in the process"

"We thought that it was just a nightmare, but it wasn't...and I still miss him to this day..."
I said as tears were flowing down from my eyes, Chef also had tears in his eyes, he stood up and hugged me for comfort.
"Hey,it's okay. I'm really sorry to hear what happened to your dad, everything is in the past now and you still have someone to go to."
He said as he wiped his tears away and giving me some tissues.
"That's true. Thanks Chef, you're a great guy" I said as I wiped off my tears and smiled at him.
"No problem Y/N" He said before he went to look for something in the tent.
"That's how I got my fear of any kind of explosive" I said as my eyes were locked onto him, I was curious about what Chef was looking for in the tent, maybe he has something to show me or something that could help me?

He walks over to me and placed something in my hand, it was...a piece of candy?
"This was all I had here, but I'll try to think of something to cheer you up" He said, feeling disappointed at the fact that he didn't have anything else on him or anything that could cheer me up, I smiled and hold his hand.
"Hey, it's alright. I'm okay now and I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, it's nice of you to do that"
I said, still smiling at him while holding onto his and the candy that he gave me. He smiled.
"No problem, what are friends for?"
Then I saw someone's shadow by the tent walking away, was someone listening to our conversation this whole time? I wonder who, I need to find out and confront them.
"Are you able to walk on your own? I have to tend to the campers if something happens to them" He said as he puts away the first aid kit.
"I'll be okay, thanks again for taking care of me"
"No problem"
He said to me before I left the tent to go look for the person that was listening to the entire conversation.