Chapter 9 - Sound Trigger

Another night rolls around and I'm lying on my bed,drifting off to sleep. As I almost fell asleep,there was a loud banging on the door which scared the ever loving fuck out of me! I quickly got up from my bed and look out of my trailer window to see..no one? "That's weird..I swear that I heard someone banging on my door"
I said to myself,confused. Then I noticed Chris sitting on the stairs of my trailer,silently waiting while looking at the night sky. "Oh,hey Chris" I said with a small smile,he looks at me and smiled "Hey Y/N,I guess I woke you up at the wrong time" he said,scratching the back of his head. I sit down next to him on the stairs "No no,I woke up by a sudden noise that I heard outside" I said in my tired state. Both of us were smiling at each other and then we looked at the night sky,the stars were beautiful.
That comfortable silence was pleasant,even for someone like Chris himself and he talks too much.

3rd Person P.O.V

After a couple of minutes,Y/N fell asleep against Chris's shoulder and he seemed to notice. He carefully carries her back into her trailer and placed her on the bed,covering her with her blanket before leaving the trailer. He went back to his cabin to see Chef sleeping on the couch,he laughed a little bit before going up to his room.
He lies down and looks at the ceiling,thoughts were going through his head as he thinks about next day's challenge for the campers,Chef and Y/N and the ratings for today's filming. "Man..I hope that the ratings will stay like the other ones but WAY better than before! Oh what am I saying,of course they'll be better than last time!" He said to himself with a chuckle,as he was staring at the ceiling,something popped up in his head,a thought has been running through his head for the last couple of weeks. "I should make a challenge with explosives! Yes,that's it! You're a genius Chris!" He said to himself as he quickly wrote it down on a notepad before hitting the hay.

*TIMESKIP TO MORNING/ Y/N's P.O.V*

I was walking to the campsite to wait for the campers to when I heard something from afar,making me jump in place. "What was that just now?" I said to myself as my pace quickens, I have to get to camp Wawanakwa as quickly as I can. Then another sound went off,it was a bit closer and I started to run. "Where are these explosions coming from!? This is driving me crazy!" I yelled out as I kept on running.
I finally made it to the others with sweat running down my forehead,almost everyone was looking at me weirdly. "Yo,what's with the sweat? Are you getting ready for a marathon or something?" said Duncan with his arms crossed,I look up to face him. "Of course not,but it felt like it" I said as I wipe off the sweat from my forehead. "Then what's going on girl?" Asked Leshawna and as I was about to answer,another explosion happened behind me,launching me closer to the others.
"What is going on!? Are we going to die!?" Screamed Courtney,I was still lying on the floor with my eyes wide open..I couldn't move at all,I was frozen on the spot,even the others were worried about me..at least some of them.
"Oh my god,is she okay!?" yelled Sadie and Beth.
Others were talking through each other until Chris walked to them and noticed the state that I was in,he looked like he was about to panic until he called for Chef to bring me to the medical tent.

Couple hours have passed and I woke up from my state of shock to see that I was in the medical tent,I slowly sit up and then I felt a sudden sting on my arm. I yelped in pain as I look at my arm,it was bruised really badly and it was stinging like multiple bee stings,not the best way to describe my pain but it is what it is. I look around my surroundings and noticed Chef preparing some stuff from the first aid kit,I was about to stand up but then I felt his eyes on me. "Don't move,you need to stay,I'm not letting you go with injuries like that" he said as he grabs the first aid kit and walked over to me.
He starts to examine the injuries that I got from that explosion and from being launched. "That's a nasty bruise,this is going to hurt so try to stay still" said Chef as he grabbed a bottle of rubbing alcohol and small cotton tampons and starts to rub it on my injuries,making me shiver from the stinging pain of the rubbing alcohol. "I know that it stings,but hang on for a bit,it's only your arm" he said as he continues with the treatment.
Silence filled the tent as we both focused on something else,he was focusing on my injuries while I focused on a horrific flashback as a kid.
I was shaking with fear as I was still sitting on the bed,Chef seems to notice how I'm acting up and looked up at me without moving his head away from my arm.
"Hey,are you alright kiddo?" He said,I take a deep breath before replying to his question.
"Not really...I'm scared..." I said,my voice was shaky as I tried to calm myself down,he wrapped a couple of bandages around my arm and then faced me.
There it was again...silence between us...until he speaks up again.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked as he sat in front of me on another bed,his arms resting on his lap. I nod my head to say yes while being quiet.
"Alright,but let me just get something before you can tell me about it,okay?" He said as he left the tent in a hurry,I wonder why?