Chapter Twenty-Eight: We Will Rise

This is the final chapter! There will, however, be an epilogue which will kind of show what the spin-off is about. So here it is!

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Luke

It's been a few weeks since school started and I was hating every moment. Melody was going back into her mood swings and as much as I loved her, she was very irritating. One minute she was happy, the next she was yelling at how messy our room looked. Besides Melody's mood swings, I've been getting tormented a lot by the basketball team, I was failing art and school just started, and Kade transferred to Lakemoat. I had no idea why, but I was to busy ignoring him to wonder.

"So, how's Melody doing?" Crystal asked me at lunch.

I scoffed. "I don't want to lie, so......She's been so irritating! She keeps being in these mood swings and I'm usually a victim of her anger.One time, she yelled at me because I didn't make the bed one day even though she was the last one out of bed."

"Wow," Crystal said. "That must be annoying."

"It is," I said with a sigh. "But I've learned to just agree with her or apologize when she's angry. Trust me, it's never good arguing with her."

The bell rang, so we hopped out of the back of my truck. Even though nobody hated my guts -besides the basketball team- we still ate at the back of my truck. That was what we did when I was kicked off the basketball team and everyone hated me.

"I still can't believe that Briggs spread the word about you and Melody," Crystal said with a shake of her head. "He promised not to."

"I know," I said. "But lately, I feel as if I have no idea who Briggs is anymore. We've been best buds since we were in diapers and suddenly, it's like we were never friends."

"If you want, I can sack him," Crystal said. "He wouldn't dare hurt a girl, even if she sacks him."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't think that's the best idea. Melody punched him in the nose once and he was so pissed, it looked like he would beat her up."

"Oh, I remember that day," Crystal said. "I didn't witness it, but I remember Melody telling me about it. Good times, good times."

We went our separate ways once we got into the school. I had Calculus next and I really hated that class. Whenever my teacher wasn't in the class, the class made fun of me for being a 'Math Nerd'. I highly regret being the one the participate -and win- in the Math Competition last year.

Calculus went by slowly and soon, I was walking through the doors of the art classroom. I was the first one there, so Mrs. Jeffrey decided to ask me about how Melody's doing.

"Two words," I said. "Mood swings."

"How bad are they?" Mrs. Jeffrey asked.

"One a scale of one to ten? I'd say eleven."

"I can see why," Mrs. Jeffrey said. "It's her first pregnancy and with twins. Pregnancy symptoms are more extreme with multiples."

"Yeah," I said. "Her morning sickness stage wasn't a pretty sight."

"Well, I hope things work out," Mrs. Jeffrey said. "And tell Melody that I said hi and I wish she was in the class."

"Will do," I said as other students began filing in. I sat down at my usual seat and waited painfully for school to be over.

Luckily, Art seemed to go by really fast. I hurried out of the school to get home to Melody and to avoid running into the basketball team.

When I got home, Melody was going through yet another mood swing. She slammed her laptop shut angrily and groaned as she repeatedly banged her head on the dining room table.