Chapter 5: Weird Little Hiccup and Deals

"So you're grounded." Astrid stated, while Aster walked beside her. The two decided to spend the day together, much to Aster's "delight". Especially with what happened the night previously. But of course, his mother was punishing him, and this was the only way she knew how. "Yep." Was all he replied back.

As they walked, Aster noticed Hiccup skulking around the outside of the village. He scowled as he watched him. What was he doing out? Probably looking for his so called Nightfury. He groaned under his breath. "I gotta go. Bye Aster." Astrid waved politely, but he knew it was all an act. None of the other teens liked him, and he didn't like them. They just had to tolerate each other.
Having nothing else to do, Aster started walking home. He was heading to his house when he somehow ran into a particular someone. Again. Oh joy.
"O-oh! H-hey Aster. Wha-what are you doing here?" Hiccup asked, moving his arms around uncomfortably before crossing them.
Rolling his eyes, Aster moved around him. "Going home." He muttered, loud enough for the gangly teen to hear. Hiccup nodded his head. "O-of course..." Looking away, he started walking to his own home.
Weirdo. What are you up to? Aster thought.

Aster reached his home, tired from all the socialising that day. How he hated going out. Opening the door, he was once again greeted by his mother by the fireplace. Oh no. What's gonna happen now?
Standing patiently by the door, Aster waited for his mother to speak. She took in a breath, turning to her son. "I have something to tell you, Aster." She started. "I noticed." He muttered, but she ignored him. "Since you don't know how fight off dragons, I've decided it's time to put you into dragon training."
Aster's eyes widened in surprise. What?
"What!?"
"You'll learn to fight dragons to defend yourself." She stated matter-of-factly. "And while you're doing that, I'll be looking for the nest."
Of course, he did want to learn to defend himself from dragons. But there was a catch wasn't there. "Anything else you'd like to add?" He asked, knowing full well what it would be about. She nodded. "Yes. I want you to keep away from Stoick's boy. I don't want you in anymore trouble." Aster was confused. Stoick wouldn't put Hiccup into dragon training, would he?
Before he could ask, Hilda picked up her bag of weapons. "I'll be back in a week. While I'm gone, try to keep out of trouble, please?"
Aster sighed, nodding as Hilda left him alone. Once again. Shoulders sagging, he went up to room, watching her walk toward the docks.
Just be safe out there.

Hiccup quietly opens the door to his home, jumping slightly when he realises his father was by the fire-place. Rushing past him as quietly as he could, he started crawling up the steps, praying his father wouldn't notice him. But alas, luck wasn't on his side. Stoick lifted his head from poking the fireplace. "Hiccup." He said sternly without turning around. Hiccup stopped mid climb. "Dad! Uh...I have to talk to you."

"I need to speak with you too, son." Stoick replied, now standing to face his son. He rubbed his hands.
Hiccup rapidly began speaking, coincidently at the same time as his father.
"I've decided I don't want to-I think it's time you learn-to fight dragons." Both paused, before saying, "what" simultaneously.
"You go first." Stoick gestured, but Hiccup shook his head. "No, no, you go first."
The chief sighed. "Alright. Ou get your wish. Dragon Training. You start in the morning."
Hiccup's panicked, blurting out words rapidly. "Oh, man, I should've gone first! Uh, 'cause I was thinking, you know, we have a surplus of dragon-fighting vikings, but do we have enough...bread-making vikings, or small home repair vikings—?"

Stoick ignored his rant, giving his son an axe. "You'll need this."
"I don't want to fight dragons." Hiccup finally blurted. His father chuckled. "Come on. Yes, you do." He replied, turning away from his son to finish packing his things. Hiccup followed him, still carrying the axe. "Rephrase: Dad, I can't kill dragons."
"But you will kill dragons."
"No, I'm really very extra sure that I won't."
Stoick had had enough of Hiccup's words at this point. "It's time, Hiccup."
"Can you not hear me?!"
"This is serious, son!" Stoick yelled, silencing Hiccup. He continued. "When you carry this axe, you carry all of us with you. Which means you walk like us. You talk like us." He straightened Hiccup's posture, before pointing to his own head. "You think like us. No more of...this." He gestured to his son.
Hiccup rolled his eyes, offended. "You just gestured to all of me." He grumbled. Stoick ignored him. "Deal?"
"This conversation is feeling very one-sided." Hiccup tried to say, but was once again shot down by his father.
"DEAL?"
Letting out a sigh, he looked away. "Deal." Stoick nodded, picking up his bag. "Good. Train hard. I'll be back. Probably." He said, making his way to the door. Hiccup watched him go. "And I'll be here. Maybe."