Swans, ponies, and the night

When Twilight finally opened her eyes, she screamed at Sunset. 

"What? Something wrong?" Sunset asked groggily, then screamed at Twilight. 

Here's why they were both screaming at each other:

They had both transformed into unicorns. 

Odette stumbled backwards on her swan legs as Rothbart plucked a feather. 

"Not bad," he said, inspecting the feather. "And you seven look just great!"

The Equestria Girls all looked at each other, having transformed into ponies. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had become pegasi, Twilight, Sunset, and Rarity were unicorns, and Applejack and Pinkie were just ponies. 

"How did he know what type we were?" Sunset asked. 

"Hey!" Lila said. "Lay off!"

She crashed into Rothbart and Odile. 

"Go, go!" she said to the swan and ponies, who took off the best they could, still trying to adjust to their legs (well, Rainbow Dash was already flying). 

"Try to fly!" Rainbow Dash told Odette, who started flapping her wings, taking off into the air. 

"Over here!" the Fairy Queen's voice called out. "Hurry!"

"Wait a second," Applejack said. "Where'd our geodes go?"

"I don't know!" Sunset cried, spotting the seven necklaces. "Over there!"

She squeezed her eyes shut as her horn glowed red, using her powers to move the geodes over. 

"Keep them with you!" she ordered as they galloped to the lake, where the Fairy Queen was holding a silver circlet, the crystal in the center. 

"Your geodes and this crystal should protect you girls," the Fairy Queen said, putting the circlet on Odette's swan head. "Here. These should keep the geodes around your necks."

She waved her wand, and the geodes grew a little in size, the necklaces going magically around the ponies' necks.

"With these, Rothbart can't do anything more to you eight," she said as Rothbart and Odile ran to the lake. 

"Ah, the Queen of Nothing," Rothbart sneered. 

"Daddy! My pillow!" Odile screeched, pointing a bony finger at Odette. 

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash held out her wings. "You wanna piece of her! You gotta get through me first!"

Rothbart turned to the Fairy Queen. 

"You still think you can interfere with my destiny!" he laughed. "This is my forest! Mine! Just as it always should've been! Why don't you save us all a lot of trouble and hand over the crown?"

He held out his hand, and the Fairy Queen recoiled. 

"And see you destroy the rest of our home?" she countered. "Never."

"Then enjoy the show," Rothbart shrugged, turning to the ponies and swan at the lake. He chuckled as his ring glowed red. 

"Those girls' days are over!" he cried, sending a blast of magic. 

"Brace yourselves!" Twilight said, and they all squeezed their eyes shut as they felt the magic try to hit them, but forces seemed to be pushing Rothbart's magic back. Twilight opened her eyes to see a rainbow of power repelling the evil magic, causing rainbow sparks to shower from the sky, all eight transformed humans virtually unharmed. 

"Woah," Rainbow Dash said, looking down at her geode. 

"I didn't know they could do that," Sunset, eyeing her own.