The Book of Forest Lore/Erasmus

Lila, Odette, and the Equestria Girls had been walking around the forest for a while now, and Twilight was getting worried that the sun would rise unexpectedly and then they would be a swan and ponies again. She didn't like walking on all fours and using a horn for her powers. She didn't like that Rothbart had gotten to her. She could've taken him out easily! Why had she been too afraid?

"How exactly scary is this troll?" Odette asked Lila. 

"Scary doesn't even cover it," Lila scoffed. "Trolls have beady eyes, hulking bodies... oh, and they eat human flesh!"

Fluttershy jumped and hid behind Applejack. 

"Sounds simple," Rainbow Dash cracked her knuckles. "So when does the fight happen, Pinkie?"

"What fight?" Pinkie asked. 

Both of them smirked. 

"Oh, that fight," she winked. "Yeah, the big fight between Odette and the troll."

"What?" Odette gasped. 

"Yeah," Pinkie giggled. "I mean, blood is shed, and I can't remember which one dies at the end of the fight."

"WHAT?" Odette screamed. 

Pinkie burst into laughter. 

"Pinkie! That was rude!" Rarity scolded. 

"Rude but hilarious!" Rainbow Dash wiped tears from her eyes as she doubled over, cracking up. 

Applejack and Rarity rolled their eyes. 

"I'm sure the whole thing with the trolls are rumors," Lila said. 

They finally stopped in front of double doors, elegantly decorated. 

"You got the leaf?" Sunset asked, and Odette held the leaf in her hands, raising it up to the doors. On cue (for Pinkie), they opened, sending dust blowing in their direction. 

"Gah!" Rarity wiped dust away from her. "I'd rather play Odile and do you-know-what than deal with this!"

(She didn't mention it because she was worried of what would happen to the story should Odette know what Rothbart and Odile planned to do--she had seen the ballet... not that Odette seemed to be listening to her at the moment)

Lila and Rainbow Dash were the only ones that went through the doors. 

"Y'all coming or what?" Rainbow Dash asked, and the Equestria Girls followed, but Odette still didn't move. 

"Odette," Lila said. "You're braver than you think."

"Y'all are," Odette said, but she slowly went inside with the rest of the gang. 

Marie sat next to the fire as her father entered the bakery. 

"Did you find her?" Marie asked, standing up. 

"She isn't back?" her father asked. "How did I miss her? She's got to be out there somewhere!"

"Wait," Marie said, just before her father left the bakery to keep looking. "Let me come with you."

And together, father and daughter went out to continue their search for Odette. 

"It's really dusty in here," Rarity said, plugging her nose as the group went deeper into the room, navigating the maze of books stacked everywhere. It was like they hadn't been touched in decades. 

Finally, they made it next to a podium, where they saw a shadow. 

"Who goes there?" the shadow snarled.