Chapter 16

Leslie's POV

It's good to see the kids having fun again as I passed by the hallway to the rooms to get to the kitchen to make breakfast. Once I was done, I placed them on the kitchen counter. Suddenly, the memories of last night went through my mind. I wish that night had never happened, I wish I could protect him but I couldn't. I had to choose between the important people and the important one. I failed.

-Flashback-

"Hello, Leslie Corona." a dark voice, together with a deathly aura, entered the room that I was in. "What do you want from me, Pitch." I spat at him. "Rude for a queen and not ladylike." he said calmly yet a factor of danger in it. "What do you expect? Where's Rapunzel?" I asked trying to remain calm. "My, my. Trying to remain calm, is it?" Pitch said with a dark grin. "Just tell me where she is!" I said, panic starting to break through. "I'll tell you where she is and set you, your daughter and her friends free-" I interrupted him, "then, tell me where she is!". "Patience now, woman, let me finish. I'll set you, your daughter and her friends free IF you give me that child of yours and I shall raise it.". I let him finish and then I spoke, "No. I will not let you take my child and I WILL NOT let an evil person like YOU raise it!" I said, raising my voice.

But how did he now that my child was a boy?

"No?" a smile crept up his grey face,"then both you and your daughter's life.... Shall end." he said with a flash of his yellow teeth. (I don't even know if his teeth are yellow or not)

There was a silent moment.

If I choose to keep my child, I'll die and my daughter will die and the child that I'm carrying right now, will die too! But if I choose to hand over my child, no one will get harmed and my son will still be alive. This is hard.

I've finally made up my mind. "Ok Pitch.... I'll...." I mumbled the rest. "What is that? I can't here you?" he said with another smile. "I'll hand my child over to you if you promise to take good care of him and bring no harm to him." I said, looking him in the eye and saying it sternly so he knows that I'm serious. Another smile formed on his grey face, "I promise." his voice trailed into a whisper as he left to go somewhere.

A few minutes later, he came back and told him where the exit was and where he held Rapunzel and also, he told me that he left Jack's staff and a few rocks and sticks for Merida to make a bow and an arrow. Now it's time for him to take my child. He puts his grey hands on my womb and lift it up and an embryo in a bubble appeared and that very embryo..... Is my son.

-Flashback end-

I touched the area where my son once was. "I failed.... I'm sorry Marcus. But at least, our son's alive." I looked up and imagined I was talking to Marcus.

Suddenly, "HICCUP HORRENDOUS HADDOCK THE THIRD!", a voice screamed and I know it was Merida. I ran to the hallway and saw Hiccup on Merida and Jack and Rapunzel beside each other. "What's going on here?" I asked. "Mom? Have you been.... C-crying?" Rapunzel asked as she stared at me in shock.

Crying? I'm not crying. Am I crying?

I lift my hand to feel my cheeck and it was.... Wet! I was just thinking of something really deep and I didn't even know that I was crying. I wiped off my tears, "uhmm.... Dear, I-I wasn't crying. I just.... Just.... Just what happened here?" I asked, trying to avoid the question as I helped Hiccup up. "Hiccup, are you o- aah! Your face!" I shouted. "What about my...." he said as he reached a mirrior from Rapunzel's room,"Ahh! My nose! It's bleeding and swelling at the same time!" Hiccup exclaimed. "Now how are we going to explain this to your dad? Merida, did you do this, sweetie?" I asked. "It wasn't my foult! Hic tried te kiss me!" Merida exclaimed. "Hiccup?" I turned my head to Hiccup who was holding a tissue to his nose and staring at me with a guilty look. Meanwhile, both Rapunzel and Jack just sat there whispering to each other.

"I wasn't the one who asked you to punch me!" Hiccup answered back at Merida. "Hiccup." I turned my head to Hiccup, "Meri-" I turned my head to see Merida walk inside Rapunzel's room and shut the door with an angry face. "Umm...We're just gonna have breakfast." Jack said as he took Rapunzel by the hand and went to the dining room, in between the kitchen and living room. "Breakfast's on the kitchen counter!" I said, loud enough for them to hear and I was responded by an 'okay!' from both of them.

I turned my head to Hiccup once again, "Hiccup, just.... Don't try kissing girls anytime ok? You should ask them before kissing them if she's a girl like Merida. And.... Don't forget to wear a shirt." I finished. He nodded while he bowed his head in shame. "Ok, good. Later, you need to apologize to her because right now, you need to give her some space. You may go and have your breakfast now." I said in reply to his nod. He stood up and walked out the hallway, walking to the garage. "Um... Hiccup? The dining room and kitchen are on the other side." I said pointing into the direction of where the dining room and kitchen would be. "Thanks Les," he said, head still bowed in shame and he walk to the direction where I pointed. "Uhmm.... Your welcome?" I half asked and half said. He smiled and continued walking.

I knocked on the door where Merida was in, "Merida, darling, if you're ready, you can have breakfast with us." then, I left to have breakfast with the rest. Rapunzel was already washing her and Jack's plates, glass, spoon and fork while Jack helped to dry it with a rag. Hiccup, on the other hand was still eating and his nose is ok now but still swelling a little. "Are you guys going home now or staying another night?" I asked. "I'm going home." Hiccup said. "Jack?" I asked, "I'm staying. Besides, my mom won't be coming back by tomorrow. She's in Russia because of what happened to the people there and she's working as a nurse. So.... Can I bring my sister over?" Jack asked. "Sure? Where is she?"

"She's at her friend's house."

"Ok. Good. When are you picking her up?"

"Later in the afternoon."

"Can I pick her up instead?"

"Umm.... Sure." Jack said. Then he told me where to pick her up and called her saying that I will be picking her up. "So.... The three of you have been friends for how long?" Rapunzel asked. "Five years." Jack and Hiccup said at the time. "That means you know when Merida have a meltdown and lock herself in a room for how long, right?" Rapunzel asked again. "Yeah, when she gets hungry." Jack said then laughed. "Oh! Oh! There's this one time when...." Jack began and I left the room so that the kids could have fun. I left to go to the garden because I.... I guess I needed some air. While leaving, I heard muffled laughter. It's good to hear that sound of kids having fun. I gave out a heavy sigh.

"Ok, Leslie. You need to be strong." I began talking to myself softly, "I know sooner or later that I need to tell them about him and Pitch but how do I explain? Oh, Marcus..... I wish you are here right now to help me. How do I explain this to her? I don't even know.... I guess I'll see when she asks me about the baby.... I'm a bad mother...... Aren't I? I don't know.... How do I explain this to Rapunzel? How?"
__________   __________   __________   __________   _

Hey guys! Another chapter completed! Also, I'm gonna make a new book soon and it's another Jackunzel fanfic! Woo! I'm excited! Ok thats all for now!

Daflyinghouse flying out!