Chapter 17

Merida's POV

Here I am.... Stuck in a room for I don't even know how long.

I said in my mind. I could hear muffled laughter downstairs. Wish I was there. I walked around in Rapunzel's room and saw a big purple curtain. Literally..... It was really big. I want to know what's behind it but I'll be evading other people's privacy. Ok maybe I'll just do this:

Whoops my hand slipped.

I thought as I pushed away the curtain while whistling. Behind the curtain was a transparent glass door that leads to the balcony.

Neat!

I thought again. I opened the door and looked at the view. It was really nice with the cool morning breeze rushing past you. I walked to the railings and rest my head on my palm and my elbow supporting my weight as I leaned against the railing. I could see the garden. It's really big. Everything here is big!

"How can I explain this to Rapunzel? How?" I barely heard a voice, almost like a whisper. I looked down to see Leslie. "Explain wot, Les?" I asked. "Oh! It's you! You scared me. Are you alright now, darling?" she asked. I really feel like a daughter to her. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Explain wot again?" I asked once more. "Uhmm.. That... Uh.... That...." she looked at the garden and and back at me, "that the fruits are dying!" she laughed nervously and smiled. I looked at the garden, "aye. I see tha'. And??" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Les shrugged in response. I sighed. "Les, I know ye're te- oh wait. One moment." I stopped as I realize how far we are. I stood on top the railings, ready to jump and besides im only on the second floor. "Merida! Be careful, sweetie!" she shouted, just enough for me to hear. I jumped and landed on the grass like a boss. "Ok..... So.... Les, I know that ye're tellin' a lie so please tell me the truth." I showed my puppy eyes. Les sighed and began, "long story short," she took in a deep breath, "IGaveMyChildToPitchSoThatHeWouldn'tHarmMe,YouAndYourFriendsAndThatHeWouldTakeGoodCareOfHimAndBringNoHarmToHimButIfIDidn'tGiveItOver,AllOfUsWillDie." she blurted out the whole thing then laughed awkwardly.

Wow.... Like mother, like daughter.

I understand what Les said because that's how Rapunzel speak is she feels guilty or nervous. "Ok.... I'm gonna tell the others." I said then left but Les stopped me, "wait. I think it's best if I tell them." Les said. I nodded in agreement.... and I thought she was gonna stop me!

We both went back in the house and told Punz, Hic and Jack about the news. Jack and Hic were sad and comforted Les who was crying out a river. Rapunzel, on the other hand, was stunned by the news. She ran out from the dining room and exclaimed, "I'm gonna save him if you're asking why I'm running!" I ran after her but white hair flew past me and hugged Rapunzel from the back as she was about to open the door. I stopped in my tracks at that moment and watched as tears flew from Rapunzel's eyes as she struggled to escape Jack's arms and I could see Jack was crying to because I bet he was hurt seeing Punzie like this again and so was I.

She turned to face Jack and since she was smaller, she punched Jack lightly on his chest and that's when I realize that Punz was just wearing her tank top while Jack was wearing Punz's oversized shirt. I could see Jack hug her tighter while Punz still kept on fighting to be released out of the barrier. Soon, she gave up and hug Jack back, sobbing into the crook of his neck. I ran forward and comforted Punzie by patting her back, "Punzie, it's ok..... We will save him jus'.... No' now, ok? I promise ye tha' we'll save him.". She cried even more and Jack rubbed her back and closed his eyes for whatever he's dreaming about. He then whisper something into her ear. It's so faint that I can't even hear him.Both of them dropped to the floor, their knees keeping them balanced.