Anyway, I've Been There / MCCP Pink Parrots

WC: 1.9k
Written: 16 August 2021
Characters: Grian, Wilbur, Techno, Jimmy
Tags: Crossover, angst, hurt/comfort, Grian/Wilbur-centric, takes place just before MCCP2021
Warnings: Mild violence

YOOOOOO I posted after a month of inactivity in this book I'm so sorry LMAO this oneshot refused to cooperate with me

One thing to note: The events of Hermitcraft, DSMP, and 3rd Life are all canon here!! 3rd Life and Hermitcraft coexist and the events of it are remembered by its members in HCS8

With that said, enjoy!!

-

Wilbur's team was currently getting their asses kicked, and he was not happy about it.

He stood in the waiting room of the MCC Battle Box practice arena, scowling at Tommy through the glass partition. He could practically hear the kid being insufferable about their 5-2 lead through the walls, which was pissing him off.

Beside him, Techno was redoing his ponytail as they waited for the arena outside to reset. "Okay. We gotta rethink this. Wil, stop glaring at Tommy and pay attention here."

"He's the one who started making faces at me through the glass," Wilbur muttered, but he turned to face his fellow team member nevertheless.

The other two members of the Pink Parrots were already turned towards Techno, but they stayed silent. Wilbur wasn't sure what to make of either of them, and he could tell they felt the same way towards him and Techno.

When this month's team rosters had come in, Wilbur hadn't known what to think. He was surprised to see Techno make a comeback, but even more surprised to see the names Grian and SolidarityGaming on the same roster his name was on. You tended to be grouped with the same people every MCC; usually the ones who shared a server with you. It helped ease the tension in an already very competitive championship—it was all Scott could do to keep everyone playing nice with each other.

There was a difference between knowing a player and knowing a player. Sure, Wilbur was familiar with their names, and he knew what servers they each belonged to, but that was about it.

The point was, it made a very awkward team dynamic between the four of them.

Techno, bless him, decided to play team leader and attempted to take a stab at conversation.

"So, obviously the strategy we're using right now isn't working. So...we need to find something that does. Preferably in a short amount of time, because the arena will be reset in a couple of seconds."

When no one spoke up, he sighed and rolled his eyes upward before speaking again. "The problem here is that we're not workin' together. We're just...off doing our own thing. The other team's gettin' the jump on each of us individually and picking us off one by one. So, this time, let's try grouping up in twos to see if that'll be any better."

He pointed to himself, then Jimmy, then Grian and Wilbur. " I'll go with Jimmy to help him in the center with the wool, and Wil and Grian can go on the outside and play defense."

As the glass partitions lowered, Wilbur turned to Techno and spoke to him quietly. "Listen, I appreciate you trying to break the ice between us and them, but are you sure the combinations you chose are really gonna work?"

Techno shrugged, unsheathing his sword. "If we don't start workin' together now, then it's gonna mess us up in the actual championship."

"True, it's just--" Wilbur swore under his breath as the partitions dropped completely, starting the game.