Chapter 6

4 Months Ago

Hannah stole a car and started driving north. For the next 5 days, Hannah drove and drove. She would stop from time to time to stop and steal from criminals so she could pay for a motel room and car gas. After driving for a week, Hannah arrived to Seattle, Washington. Rather than checking into a motel room, Hannah knew someone that lives in Seattle. That person was the first friend she made when she moved to Evergreen County, Kat. Hannah waited til it was night time where it was dark and no one can see her. Hannah waited til Kat came out of her house. Kat comes out to take out the trash, Hannah was hiding behind a tree when she speaks up.

Hannah Baker: Kat.

Kat looks around but sees no one.

Kat: Hello?

Hannah Baker: Over here.

Hannah emerges from behind the tree as she takes off her hoodie and reveals herself to Kat. Kat could not believe her eyes.

Kat: Hannah?

Hannah Baker: Hi, Kat.

Kat: Is that really you?

Hannah Baker: Yes, it's me.

Kat approaches Hannah and touches her to see if this is real or not.

Kat: It's really you.

With tears in her eyes, Kat immediately brings Hannah in for a hug.

Kat: How is this possible?

Hannah Baker: It's a long story.

Kat: I've got time.

Kat sneaks Hannah into her house and brings her to her room. Hannah explains to Kat what she went through at Liberty and how it felt when she took her own life. She then goes on to tell Kat about her resurrection and how she didn't remembered who she was when she came back. Hannah also told Kat about the people she killed including Bryce Walker, Marcus Cole, & Monty de la Cruz.

Kat: You killed Bryce?

Hannah Baker: And Marcus and Monty. I was a complete different person when I came back. But Clay brought me back when I tried to kill him and the others.

Kat: Of course he did. I knew from the moment he came to my party at your house, he would be the One for you.

Hannah Baker: Did you?

Kat: Yeah. He never came to parties before. He was smitten. But still, you killed Bryce. Not how I would've handled it.

Hannah Baker: He raped me, Kat. He raped Jessica Davis, Chlöe Rice, & who knows how many more.

Kat: But killing?

Hannah Baker: It's what they trained me for.

Kat: The League of Assassins?

Hannah Baker: Yeah. The punishment for betrayal is death. That's why I'm running, they're out to kill me for turning on them when Clay brought me back. I had to leave Evergreen. Had I stayed, they would've gone after Clay, Jessica, Tyler, Zach, Alex, Tony, Justin...

Kat: You're defending Justin, after what he did?

Hannah Baker: He did do the right thing. He turned on Bryce, he reported to the police what Bryce did to Jessica. He's a better man now because of Clay, hell the Jensens even adopted him.

Kat: Wait, the Jensens adopted Justin?

Hannah Baker: Yes.

Kat: You're saying that Clay & Justin... are brothers now?