Chapter 11

Red Robin, Spoiler, & Huntress return to the Batcave to inform Bruce Wayne of what they saw with Oracle calling in from the Batcomputer as they also show them the video footage that they took.

Stephanie Brown: We're telling you it was the D.A., Austin Moore. He was accepting bribes from Rupert Thorne.

Barbara Gordon: How long has he been accepting bribes from Rupert Thorne?

Bruce Wayne: Probably since his campaign. I've been monitoring Thorne for the past 4 days. At least 6 of his men were exonerated with no explanation.

Damien Wayne: Now we know.

Barbara Gordon: If we can catch both Thorne & Moore in the act...

Tim Drake: It would undo all of Moore's prosecution and let Hannah out of Arkham.

Bruce Wayne: Thorne is having poker night at his penthouse tonight.

Tim Drake: I think I might have an idea.

Tim's idea was to call Austin Moore, unanimous, and inform him of his dealing with Rupert Thorne. Tim does that later in the evening. Austin Moore began to panic. He packed up any trace of evidence and left his office as Batman and his team followed him as he drove to Rupert Thorne's penthouse. Meanwhile back at Arkham, Hannah is led to a medical chamber room where Hugo Strange stood next to a strapped chair. Hannah was suspicious of this.

Hannah Baker: What's happening?

Hugo Strange: I think I might've figured a way to eliminate Prometheus, once and for all.

Hannah Baker: You do?

Hugo Strange: I do. I've come to a conclusion that she gets unleashed whenever you've come into contact with blood. But I figured way to get rid of her.

Hannah Baker: How?

A nurse rolls up a machine hook up to a television monitor and sets it in front of the strapped chair.

Hugo Strange: This machine was created by The Mad Hatter. According to him, it would allow one to enter their own mind.

Hannah Baker: Enter my own mind?

Hugo Strange: Where you'll find Prometheus. From there, you can get rid of her.

Hannah Baker: Like kill her?

Hugo Strange: Or imprison her forever.

Hannah Baker: Then let's do it.

Hannah sits on the chair and gets strapped on. Hannah looks at the monitor in front of her as Hugo Strange activates the machine. Static appears on the monitor as Hannah just stares at it. Hannah doesn't feel anything. Nothing seems to be happening.

Hannah Baker: Professor Strange, I don't think it's working. I don't feel...

Hannah turns to Hugo Strange, but he's gone. Not only that, she's no longer in Arkham. She's now back in Liberty. She finds herself in Mrs. Bradley's Communication Class where she is surrounded by her old classmates and looking exactly the way she looked like that day.

Hannah Baker: Holy shit, it worked.

Mrs. Bradley: "What if the only way not to feel bad is to stop feeling anything at all, forever?"

Hannah turns to the front of the classroom and sees Mrs. Bradley reading a note. This is a memory from Hannah's mind. It was when Hannah wrote "the note" and was read aloud in class.