Chapter 6- Returning A Lost Hawk

Y/N p.o.v

I managed to get a job as a waiter. Not fun, but I have to live somehow.

My thoughts would sometimes wander to HIM. And I'd be filled with sadness, hunted by memories.

I just couldn't go to see his trials.
Seeing him in real life again will most likely break me completely.

But news about that mysterious prosecutor who's an inmate won't stop coming. People would talk about it when they eat.

It is said that he even broke his chains a few times, and has the ability to cut things without a weapon.

Going against the 'Wright Anything Agency'.
Wright...
They brought quite a few criminals to our prison. I mean- my previous job.
Ughhhhhhhh....

I took a glimpse at the calendar.
My eyes widened.
B-Blackquill's execution is t-tomorrow??
I... no...
I have to tell him how I feel or I'll be regretting it my whole life...

I don't really follow all of these court cases... I just know that there was a bombing and a murder in the space centre. It's a ten minute walk from the restaurant I work in, after all.

I better read the article about this case.
I finished my shift, going out and buying a newspaper that came out a while ago.
___________
...
This is crazy.
Everything about this case is crazy.

There was a murder seven years ago in the same space station.
THIS was when Blackquill got arrested.

Now there's some conflict between the Wright Anything Agency lawyers. An astronaut friend of one of them got murdered, and a lawyer called Athena Cykes, the daughter of the victim from seven years ago, got arrested for this murderer after her fingerprints were found on a lighter the murderer had.

It was proven that both cases had the same murderer, but both Simon and Athena have decisive evidence against them.
...
A young girl couldn't have killed her own mother...

I don't believe that either of them did this.

But there's not enough time to prove Blackquill's innocence before he's gone...

I saw something moving next to me.
"T-Taka?"
I haven't seen this hawk for months...

Taka landed on my hand. I never imagined I would see a WORRIED bird.

"They won't let you in the detention centre?"
I asked my old pal.
...
I think it's a 'no'.

Well, I was a guard once.
I know that it is possible to have pets around but most guards don't mention the possible because all of the paperwork.

"You know what? I'll bring you to him.
It's not like I have anything better to do."

Taka happily set on my shoulder as I stood up from the bench I was sitting on and went on my way to the local detention centre.

"Miss! No pets allowed-"
The guard wanted to stop me as I entered.

"Give me the 1492.7 file and I'll fill any info needed.
It's prosecutor Blackquill's hawk"
I immediately replied.
Never thought I'd ever say THIS name again, out loud...

The guard groaned in annoyance and handed me the long file.
I quickly filled up everything, and I was let into the detention centre, just to see a young woman storming out of it in anger.

My heart started beating in nervesness and excitement. N-No, calm down, Y/N.
Just bring Taka in and leave.
W-Wait, I wanted to tell him...
M-Maybe I'll just say one last goodbye instead... ughhh! What to do, what to do!

I went hesitantly went into the direction of the meeting room.
That lawyer, Phoenix Wright, was there.
And that detective, Bobby Fulbright, too.

Oh, they are probably talking to that Athena girl. I went to the wrong place...
Just when I was about to double back, Taka decided to fly in, instead.
Dammit!

"AAA! NOT AGAIN!"
Wright ducked down.
Fulbright took a quick step back.
"What is it doing here?"

I quickly ran inside, catching Taka, returning the bird to my shoulder.

"S-Sorry, sorry!
I didn't mean to interrupt your meeting!
I just wanted to return them to their rightful owner-"

"Y-Y/N?"

I froze.
This is one hundred percent NOT Athena on the other side of the glass.