Chapter 15- The 'Incident'

Um, just some sentences conlanguage in this chapter!
Also, It may seem like things are going to escalate into NSFW, but it won't.
______________

Simon Blackquill p.o.v

"Not Guilty!"
The judge announced.

I met Wright-Dono in the defendant lobby.

"You really dropped your attack in the end there, Simon."
Cykes-Dono said.
She and Justice-dono approached. They were watching from the gallery.

"I genuinely thought you were going to cry there, boss! Or maybe it was your heart that I heard.
Simon 100% went easy on you."

"W-We found the truth and that's what's important!"
Wright-Dono nervously said, ignoring her statement.

"I knew the defendant was not guilty from the start anyway."
I petted Taka's little head.

"I don't understand... if you knew that, why did you let the trial continue?"
Justice-dono scratched his head, trying to find a reason.

"The statement the witness gave on the day of the crime was rather strange.
I wanted to make sure they didn't hide anything important about the true killer. The only way was to catch them off-guard by summoning them to court and let their 'alibi' slice into small pieces."
I crossed my arms.
Justice-dono nodded, getting my strategy.

I had a small, mindless conversation with them, but my thoughts were in a different place.

"Well, I better go now.
I'll see you next time."
The three waved goodbye as I left.

Y/N is acting really strange lately.

For the past few days she was staying at the apartment after I leave, when usually she goes to work an hour earlier than me.
Maybe she got later shifts.

But that's not the point.

She looks a little stressed and worried.
I've been putting the idea to confront her aside for a while, but I love her and care deeply for her and I need to know what's going on so I could help her.

I hope nobody hurt her or anything...

I got the keys out of my pocket.
I'll talk to her when she returns.

I sigh. This court session today was quite tiring. I closed the door behind me as I entered the apartment.

And what I saw... was the last thing I expected to see.

Y/N was sitting at the table in the living room, drinking from a glass bottle and staring at the floor. Her eyes half closed as she was slowly laughing to herself.

"Y-Y/N...?"
I was shocked.
Why...

"Hmm? Ohhhhhhhhh Simoooooonnn!
Youu is earlierrr, I meann, you came earlyyyyyyy-- than --ier usuaaaaal."
Her voice was going all over the place.

"Y-Y/N, how about we-"
I stepped closer, and she put a finger on my lips, smiling a tired smile.

"Shhh... hehe.
...
I foooooooorgot what I wanted to sayyyy...
What a funnnnnnnny word. 'Forgoooot'."
She was chuckling.

What should I do...?
I was brainstorming ideas, but nothing came to mind.

All the sudden, she pulled me into a kiss, but it was very heated from her side.
I could practically TASTE the alcohol.