Chapter ten

TW: Attempted kidnapping

In the room next door, the girls are lying on their madrases as they are talking. There's suddenly a knock on the door. "Come in" Hermione says.

Aang then enters their room. "Hi, girls. I was wondering if one of you could go outside and give Appa and Momo some more cabbages? I bought some extras before we went to the hotel. I would do it myself, but I have promised Ron, Harry and Draco to show off some of my bending skills. And Sokka wants to show off his boomerang skills, too" Aang says while scratching the back of his neck.

All the girls sigh at that. "I'll do it" Toph says as she rises from the madras.

Aang smiles at her. "Thanks, Toph. You are the best!" he says in a happy tone as he then hands over a bag of cabbages to Toph.

"Good night, see you tomorrow" Aang says as he waves before he leaves the room. All the girls mutter "good night".

Toph looks at the others. "See you in a minute" she says as she leaves the room as well.

Toph then leaves the hotel to find Appa and Momo. She doesn't have to walk for long. "Here you go, guys. Remember to share" she says as she puts down the bag. Momo and Appa immediately eat the cabbages.

"See you tomorrow" she says to the two animals before she leaves.

As she's walking towards the hotel, she then senses two people nearby. "Hello? Is anyone there?" she asks. No answers. Shrugging, she keeps walking.

She's suddenly grabbed from behind. The person drags her to an alley. "Let me go!" she exclaims as she kicks. It doesn't help, though.

"It's not her" a voice says. Her? Who?

"Maybe, but she knows the Avatar. We can use her to get him" another voice, which comes from behind Toph, says.

The one in front of Toph walks closer to her. "Wait a minute, she's blind. How is she going to help us? Why are you not wearing shoes, by the way?" the man in front of her questions.

Toph smirks. "So I can do this!" she exclaims as she stomps her left foot on the ground. The two men then fall to the ground as the earth beneath them shakes them off balance.

"Stupid earthbender!" one of them says through gritted teeth.

As Toph is about to run, one of them grabs her. She's suddenly being pushed into some sort of box. It's a metal box.

"Good luck with using earthbending to get out of that!" one of the men says as he gives an evil laugh.

Toph then concentrates. Suddenly, the metal box is being bent so there's a way out for her. She then walks out of the box.

"T-that's impossible! You can metalbend?!" one of them exclaims, surprised.

As they firebend a fireball in their hands and are about to hit Toph, they both get hit. By fire. They both fall unconscious to the ground.

Toph then senses a third man. He seems to be older than the two others. "Who's there?" she asks, cautious.

The man approaches. "Do not worry, I will not hurt you. You were almost kidnapped by these two Fire Nation soldiers. I guess it is a good thing that I went for a walk this late. Though, you seem to be perfectly capable of taking care of yourself. I admire your metalbending, that is really rare. My name is Iroh, by the way. I take it you are friends with Avatar Aang?" Iroh questions.

Toph widens her eyes. "Wait a minute, you are a firebender! You are Fire Lord Ozai's brother! Wait, you are not going to hurt me?" she asks, confused.

Iroh chuckles. "Yes, I am a firebender. I have tried to hide that while my nephew and I have been living here in Ba Sing Se, though. We have a tea shop not too far away from here. And yes, I am Ozai's older brother. I do not agree with his methods, however. I think it is absolutely terrible what he is trying to do" Iroh says as he sighs.

Toph looks puzzled. "Your nephew? You mean Prince Zuko? He attacked us and tried to kidnap Aang!" she says in an angry tone.

Iroh nods. "I know that. Believe me when I say that he is sorry for what he has done. He wants to do the right thing by helping the Avatar. I believe he still cannot firebend, yes? If he agrees, then Zuko and I can train him" Iroh offers.

Toph thinks about it for a while. "Well, Aang does need a trainer who can teach him firebending. You just saved me from those Fire Nation soldiers, and if it's true what you said about Zuko wanting to help Aang, then I'll convince the others" she states.

Iroh smiles at that. "I am very happy to hear that. I know Zuko will be, too. You can all come to our tea shop early in the morning. Then we will discuss our plan" he declares.

Nodding, Toph bids him goodbye as well as thanks him for saving her before she walks back to the hotel. She's met by four worried-looking girls.

"What happened? You were gone for a while" Laura slowly says. Toph sighs as she begins to explain it all to the other girls.

Tomorrow morning will be an interesting day.