Chapter 11

Who else loves eskimo kisses?! They are just so wholesome makes me want to screech. 

New chapter for you guys!! Hope you enjoy!

A heterochromic cat paused in the middle of an alley. Blue flames occasionally flickered over grey fur. It was hard containing her chakra in such a small body, especially since it had been a long time since she shape shifted. The last was maybe three centuries prior. Her chakra had always been wilder than most of her siblings, with the exception of Kurama, despite the calm and collected personality she always took. But then again, only Shukaku could match her in terms of wild strength while Kurama outmatched them both combined on a good day. She sniffed the air cautiously. A chakra imprint. One that belonged to a person long dead, someone who she had fought with in the war as an ally before she was captured. A smell of ozone and a thunderstorm, an almost sharp tang of blood underneath it. She shook her head. It was impossible, or well it should be but she had heard of reincarnation. It only happened once every couple centuries. Mostly because she was betting that one of the death gods got drunk and misplaced memories. Humans always went on about how it was a perfect alignment of the stars or some other nonsense. No, the only ones to be able to reincarnate constantly with memories were her human brothers but she hadn't seen their souls since the fourth and last shinobi war. They were only able to because their chakra had left such an impact on the spiritual plain that even when their souls were recycled the reincarnations would get imprints, not full memories, of past lives. Sometimes their reincarnations would remember fully, sometimes they wouldn't. All souls were recycled and memories of past lives were destroyed. Every living thing had a soul. As the human population continued to grow over the centuries, animal populations went extinct or there were less animals and plants as a whole because there could only be a set amount of souls. It was an interesting balance, one that all living things and the death gods set. With the exception of the tailed beasts and her human brothers. Mostly because she was made out of chakra. She and her siblings didn't have souls even though they were living things. They were the closest things to gods that mortals would ever see while on the mortal plain. With Asura and Indra, it was different. There were a set amount of souls, yes, but they had carved a path in the spiritual plain. By all accounts, Sasuke and Naruto should have never been born as the limit for recycled souls was at its max when they were born. Somehow, 2 new souls were created for their reincarnations. The same thing has happened every century since Asura and Indra's death. 2 new souls were created every time they were reincarnated simply because there were 2 souls in their reincarnated host's body. 2 recycled that were Asuras and Indras, and 2 new ones for their reincarnations because Asuras and Indras memories could not be erased, instead, they had to be blocked while the new souls in the bodies of 2 humans acted like a container. 

After all, the death gods could not just leave a soul flying around without a mortal body to contain it. They made that mistake with the sage of the six paths and he accidentally became a god because he no longer had any mortal limitations. It was a big mess. 

But the undertone of blood she smelled? That was specific to 3 types of people. The Uzumaki clan, Kakashi Hatake, or the reincarnations of Indra and Asura. And with the smell of ozone and thunderstorms? Definitely the middle option. While shinobi hadn't walked the earth for thousands of years, chakra still existed, calm in a wait for something. She could almost taste the gathering of something powerful, she just didn't know what it was yet.

While reincarnated souls with full memories of past lives were improbable, it was possible. There was that one incident of a human who was pretty sure he had been a butterfly previously, it was a disaster, mostly because his blood family tried to keep him from jumping off of things in his attempt to fly. That was the last time she saw Shukaku because both of them had stayed in the shadows, cackling at the humans. She slowly blinked, maybe it was time to try and gather her family. She knew Isobu was in the place humans called the Bermuda Triangle, Shukaku was somewhere in an African desert, probably causing freak sandstorms, and last she heard of Son Goku was that he exploded a volcano in a western continent. Kurama was still locked up in the Hidden Leaf village, refusing to leave as he mourned his lost kit. She sighed, that was the things with her siblings, if they allowed themselves to love, it would take eons to recover after the death of their loved one, such was the same after Asura and Indra died. She disappeared in a flash of blue flames, she had nothing else to do except find her other wayward siblings. It would be the family reunion of the century.

~

"So let me get this straight. You threatened Stain. Hero Killer Stain. What on earth is wrong with you!? I get that you're probably stronger but why on earth would you do that?! He's a serial killer!!"

If Aizawa was mad at Kakashi, it wasn't entirely the silver heads fault. It was 6 in the morning, Aizawa had just gotten back from the hospital and he was slightly pissed after the check up. They called him a medical marvel, seemingly forgetting the fact that Kakashi had healed him almost all the way. Unfortunately, he still had a fractured arm that nobody noticed until he tripped and caught himself with the same arm and it broke further. Mic's scream had caused his ears to ring and he was already stressed because Kakashi started teaching in 2 hours. So now his arm was in a cast, he had a major lack of sleep, and Kakshi had a run in with a serial killer and managed to forget to mention it until before he had his morning coffee. So really, it sort of was Kakashi's fault because he could have waited until Aizawa was awake enough. 

"It's not that big of a deal Shota, he honestly reminds me of a very mad chihuahua. Small and tiny and tiny and angry and not very threatening. His glare was really cute, reminds me of my own students whenever I subjected them to tort- I mean training."

A frustrated scream rang out and simultaneously caused Trix to fall down the stairs again while Kakashi just stuck his pinky in his ear. "You're really high strung today aren-- Wait!!! I didn't mean it!! Shota! That hurt!! OWWW DON'T BITE ME DO I LOOK A CHEW TOY?!!!!"

~

Pakkun winced from where he was doing border patrol. He could hear Kakashi's screeching from a block away. Shiba huffed out a laugh. "Well, I mean, Kakashi-kun sort of had it coming, those two have been pining on each other, I just don't see why they don't mate already."

"....... Shiba, it doesn't work like that with humans. We've talked about this."