Chapter 1

Kakashi wasn't exactly sure where he was. As far as he was concerned, he was dead. He had died in the middle of the fourth shinobi war. Madara and Zetsu had made some weird virus that had started attacking everybody's chakra. It attacked the shinobi first and then started attacking the civilians that had more chakra later. It had left the civilians that had so little chakra that they could be mistaken as plants. Kakashi was lucky that he had lasted longer than most but in the end, he had died. He had the virus but still went to the front lines, and with the virus, died of chakra exhaustion. So where exactly was he? He flashed his chakra, doing a quick scan of his body, no injuries but something still seemed out of place. It was like that one-time Naruto used a seal to turn him into a girl by accident. Something in his body felt out of place. As a shinobi, he knew every part of his body because that made all the difference using taijutsu or if he was injured. He panicked, if he had been turned into a girl again, he would find whoever did this, torture them like he was Ibiki, and then turn them into the opposite gender to see how they like that! He sat up and looked down at his body. He sighed in relief. He was still a boy, his signature silver hair hanging in front of his face, but he felt shorter. He grew an irk mark. Whatever he thought had happened better not have happened. He got up off his feet, scanning his surroundings. Perfect, a window. He walked over, glancing at the store sign. Sap Harri. Why was it a weird name? Nobody would know what it was for. He glanced at his reflection and deadpanned. The boy staring back was 14, wearing the Anbu outfit with a headband covering one eye. He glanced inside the store. The people inside were wearing civilian clothes but some of them looked weird. He stared at a girl with a beehive for hair as she walked past the window. Maybe they were part of experiments? It seemed no one had noticed him so he walked away. He needed somewhere to spend the night and he was getting weird looks because of his clothes. The language here was a bit weird. He could understand most of it but the rest was different. Their accents were different as well. It was like their language was a developed form of his but it still sounded like Japanese. He could deal with that later though. Judging from the signs, they had the same kanji so that meant his best bet was a library. It was still around midday. He had time.

          He walked up to the nearest person which was a lady with purple hair so long, it swirled around her ankles. " Excuse me, Do you ... know where the ... library is?" The woman frowned in confusion at the weirdly dressed boy in front of her. His accent was different and his Japanese was broken. It was like he was used to speaking something... older. His speech sounded like it was something of the past, something that was no longer around. She decided to ignore that in favor of answering the boy. "It's at the end of this street on the right."

          "Thanks" He gave a closed eye smile and walked in the direction that the lady had pointed. He stopped in front of a brick building. It had very nice architecture. Not as nice as some buildings in Konoha, but still nice enough.

          He entered and was immediately surrounded by the smell of old books. Kakashi looked around in wonder as he took in the size of the library. It was bigger than the Hokages library and that place was huge. He gave a nod to the librarian who was a little old lady with blue and silver hair. He deadpanned. What was up with people and their weird hair? ... Well, it wasn't like he could say anything. His hair was silver as well. He started looking for the history section and pulled out a thick book labeled 'History of Japan and the Start of The Quirk Era'. The quirk era? That was a word he had never heard of. Maybe it would explain the weird-looking people. Kakashi started flipping through the pages. He was used to reading things fast to get the most information possible for his missions. He finished the book and looking at the clock, he realized he had read it in under two hours and it had been a 700-page book. That was fast, even for him. New record. Gai would throw a fit. Gai... He didn't think he would ever see his best friend again. Kakashi himself was dead and he thought he was in the future. The book had a little information on the ninjas but they were mostly legends. They must have died out after Kakashi died. The book's information had mentioned the land of fire and the other lands but it had gotten all the other information wrong.