Explanations

"How do you have that?" Lauren asked. Ben held up the pendant. Ben just smiled. "Do you remember the day Sasha and I first met you?" Lauren nodded. "We had actually just come from Eddeathra. Icas had taken control and killed Fallon." Lauren stared at Ben. So you come from Eddeahtra?" Ben nodded and looked over the pendant. "Icas Thornton is my brother."

Lauren sat there, stunned. The hospital door opened and Sasha walked in. "Did you tell her?" she asked.

"I did," Ben said. He turned to Lauren. "My real name is Benjamin Thornton. My brother and I were friends with Fallon Raydn."

"Is that the Starstone?" Sasha pointed at the star-shaped necklace that hung around Lauren's neck.

"Yes, I was fighting Icas and his sword hit the Starstone that was on my sword and it shattered," she sighed. "Amias died so I could get the flower and bring it back to you."

"Little Amias is gone?" Ben asked. "What about William? Did you see him?"

Lauren nodded. "He helped me along the way and he ended up killing Icas. He's living with his mother, Elina, now."

Lauren did not miss the look of sorrow on Ben's face when he found out that his brother was dead.

"Your mother is here to take you home," Sasha said, gently. "You can come back tomorrow and visit Ben." Lauren nodded.

________________________________

Lauren closed her bedroom door and leaned against it. She was finally home. Memories of Eddeathra swam through her mind. She still felt the confidence from when Amias had told her that she would be the one to save Eddeathra. She still felt the grief from when Mlinzi and Amias died for her benefit. She couldn't explain the feeling that she felt about William when she was racing him through the Liminglow forest. She felt the awe and gratitude when Maisha had healed Askari from the pack of wolves. The joy when she saw Odi get crowned as Eddeathra's king.

Lauren walked over to her bed and crawled under the covers. As she closed her eyes, she could have sworn that she still saw the blue and black mythical stag with her colored antlers standing in the corner of the room.