The Quest

"Icas?!" Lauren and William exclaimed. Icas nodded with a solemn look on his face. "I'm so very sorry," he said. "To all of you." Icas looked from Amias, to Lauren, and finally to his son, William. "I never should have done those things that I did. The king of Nitra tricked me saying that he could help bring back my parents who were kidnapped by the Kivuli. That's no excuse, I know. I just thought that you at least deserved an explanation."

    Amias slowly stepped towards his father's murderer. "I'm sorry, but I can't forgive you right now. I just can't. It's too soon."

    "Same here," William said.

    Icas nodded. "I would expect that." Lauren noticed that Icas looked more sad than frustrated or angry.

    "If it helps, I forgive you," Lauren said. Icas glanced at Lauren with a grateful look.

    "I'm just curious," Kaylissa said. "But how do you forgive him so easily?"

    Lauren shrugged. "I guess it's just easier for me to forgive. Besides, if Maisha gave you a second chance and believes in you, then so do I."

    "I will notify the Knights of Evermore of what has transpired. You five will go to Mt. Juu and bring back MQ." Maisha vanished into thin air without another word.

    Lauren nodded and looked at the group. "Well? Let's get going and save Eddeathra!" The group all cheered and raced off into the sunrise.

To be continued in the next book of the New Moon Trilogy: Unified Minds!