Kaylissa Avae

"Who are you?" Lauren called out to the figure. She reached for her sword, but Will stopped her. "It's okay, he said. "Come on out!"

    A young girl who couldn't be much older than Lauren stepped out of the trees. Her blonde hair fell down in waves. Her brownish-blue eyes stared hard at Lauren. She was dressed in a simple beige dress with green folds running down the sides. She brought her hands together and nervously started to twiddle her thumbs. "I-I'm s-sorry," she stuttered. "I d-didn't mean to intrude."

The girl started to turn around and leave, but Lauren stopped her. "Wait, who are you?"

The girl glanced at William who gave an encouraging nod. "I'm Kaylissa Avae." She spoke in such a quiet voice that Lauren had to strain to make out the words she was saying.

"Kaylissa?" Lauren asked. "That's a pretty name. Means Light. I have a feeling that it will be a fitting name."

"Are you the Moonstar?" Kaylissa asked. Lauren nodded, "I am." Kaylissa's eyes seemed to light up and she suddenly got less nervous. "I've always wanted to meet you. I actually saw you when you first came with Amias. I used to live in Wakemark."

"Seems like that was a popular place," Lauren muttered, then she spoke up. "I was thinking about taking a trip to Alavista. Would you like to come? We could go to Wakemark while we're there."

Kaylissa stared at Lauren's sword. It took Lauren a moment to realize that she wasn't looking at it, but rather, through it, like she was recalling past memories. Kaylissa looked back up at Lauren and nodded. "If the Moonstar wants me to go, I'll go."

Lauren nodded and led William and Kaylissa back into Cardell Castle, but somehow, she knew, there was something Kaylissa wasn't telling her.