Capture

The fear that Lauren had started to spike. She struggled to break free of whoever was trying to kidnap her. She felt someone else in the cave put a piece of cloth over her eyes so she could not see where she was going. Smart.

    "We've got her", someone whispered. The first person grabbed her by one of her arms and started to drag her towards the back of the cave. Using her free arm, Lauren ripped the Starstone necklace from her neck and dropped it on the cave floor. The tink sound that it made was hopefully masked by the sound of their boots shuffling along the floor.

    Even though she couldn't see, Lauren was certain that they had reached the farthest wall of the cave. She was pulled to a stop as one of the men moved a few steps ahead and was doing something to the wall. "Did you get that thing opened yet?" The man holding her asked.

    "Not yet," the other man said, impatiently. Whatever the man was doing had apparently worked when he gave a small, relieved sigh.

    Lauren felt her arms being yanked again but she locked her knees in an effort to stop. "Who are you?" she asked finally. "What..." her question was cut short when a thud echoed around the cave and she lost consciousness.