Memories Pt. 1

Lauren looked back at Kaylissa and Odi for confirmation that she was not the only one who saw that. They both looked shocked which probably meant that they had seen him. Lauren sighed and mounted Askari and they set off on their journey again.

_____________________________

    The group reached the entrance to the Stelpond Forest and once again, Kaylissa spoke up. "How did you come to save Eddeathra?" she asked, quietly.

    Lauren sat back in her saddle. "It was a very strange experience, I'll say that. It all started when Ben and I got into a car crash..."

    "What's a car?" Kaylissa asked. Lauren kept forgetting that the people in Edeathra did not know the modern way of life back on Earth. "Something that's very dangerous to ride in, but people do it anyway."

    "Doesn't make any sense." Kaylissa added.

    "Uh... yeah, I guess you're right now that I think about it," Lauren said. "Anyway, Ben was badly injured and about to die and the nurse at the hospital..."

    "Hospital?" Kaylissa questioned again.

    "Uh, a place where if you are sick or injured, they can heal you."

    "They can cure illnesses?" Kaylissa asked, awe-struck.

    Lauren nodded, realizing that she could not use the terms that they would use on Earth. "To a point. The helper there told me that I would have to travel to a distant place called Eddeathra and gave me this Starstone, only it was a whole stone and not just a fragment. So I ended up coming here and meeting Amais Raydn who lived on Wakemark, I arrived on Alavista, and he took me to his shop where he had a map of Eddeathra when a Nite walked in. That Nite was King Odi."

    "Odi was a Nite?" Kaylissa asked.

    "Yeah," Lauren said. "He told me that he could help and so we set off across this very forest to find the Knights of Evermore who could help us take back Eddeathra and help find the cure and that's when I met that black wolf whose ghost you just saw. His name was Mlinzi and he said that he was supposed to be my guardian and so he came with us. When we reached the Ashvon, I saw a small fawn that was about to be hunted by a Nite patrol and I rushed to save them like a fool and..." Lauren paused, tears forming in her eyes. "Mlinzi saved me from being shot and it's all my fault."

    "No it's not," Kaylissa said gently. "You were trying to save that baby's life and from what I saw back on the Ashvon, you did and he thanked you for it. Trust me, I know all about guilt."

    Lauren wanted to ask her what she meant, but Benjamin, thankfully, stopped her in time. "Lauren, continue with the story."

    Lauren shot him a grateful look and continued. "We continued across the Sundermere Mountains. That's when I realized that the sword I have is magical because it formed a path for us to follow to scale the mountain. Once we crossed over, we arrived in the Liminglow Forest and met the Knights of Evermore," Lauren tried to hide a smile, but failed. "And William." Kaylissa smirked.

    "So we raced and I actually met Maisha, Amias reached the bottom of the Obsidian Lake..."

    "I thought that was impossible," Kaylissa said.

    "It is, but because I gave Amias the Starstone, it helped him be able to breathe so he could complete the journey. Then, with the Knights of Evermore, we attacked Cardell Castle and confronted Icas. The Starstone shattered in the fight. That's why I only have a fragment of it now. Amias died so I could have the golden flower that saved Ben. William came at the last second and revealed that he is actually Icas's son, and killed him. Odi was made king, and I went back to Earth and was able to save Ben."

    "Wow," Kaylissa said. "Seems like quite the adventure." she sighed. "I guess it's only fair that I tell you my story now."