Preparations

Lauren found Odi walking around the halls of Cardell Castle with Ben, who was telling Odi about the founding of Eddeathra. "... And no one knows what happened to them."

    "Hey, guys!" Lauren said. "Kaylissa and I are going to take a trip to Alavista."

    "So you finally got her to talk, huh?" Odi said. "You must really have some influence. I'm the king and I couldn't get two words out of her."

    "When are you leaving?" Ben asked.

    "Tomorrow, why?"

    "I'd like to come. I was thinking about moving back to Wakemark. Permanently."

    "What about Earth?" Lauren asked.

    "That's the thing," Ben said. "If someone chooses to stay here, life would go on if I never existed. Anyone who knows about Eddeathra will know that I would be here, but anybody else would forget about me."

    "Oh," Lauren said. "Well, I'll tell Kaylissa. Where is she?"

    "She's probably working in the Kitchen now."

    "She's a servant?" Lauren asked.

    "Yes, why?" Odi asked.

    "Nothing," Lauren said. "I just sense something special about her."

__________________________

    Lauren found her way to the kitchen. She saw Kaylissa standing over a bucket of water washing dishes, mumbling to herself. Lauren strained to hear her. "...the Moonstar, why did she talk to me? I'm nobody, she said I'm nobody..."

    "Who said you're nobody?" Lauren interrupted. Kaylissa jumped and dropped the dish inside the soap bucket. "Moonstar! I-Is there something I c-can do for you?"

    "I just wanted to let you know that Benjamin is coming with us to Alavista. We're leaving tomorrow. Who were you talking about?"

    "Oh n-nothing." Kaylissa looked off in the distance.

    "Do you mind if I call you Kay?" Lauren asked, giving Kaylissa a friendly smile. "It would make things easier."

    "If you want to," Kaylissa said, quietly.

    Lauren frowned. "No, I want to know if that is alright with you."

    "I suppose."

    Lauren sighed. It would be awhile before she could get some answers from her.