Chapter 2

The people made their way as the royals from the Dragon kingdom came closer to the throne. The anxious feeling that I felt before came back like a wave washing onto the shore. The family stood steps away and the people began dancing once more. The music playing louder.

"Mitsuki! It is so nice to see you again," mother said, giving her a hug. The Queen returned it, squeezing pretty hard. "It is wonderful to feel your hugs again, Inko, please! Let us thank you for hosting us for the night," she said and mother scoffed. "No need to thank me, we will be family soon so please no thank you's needed," mother said and they both smiled.

"Let me introduce you to Izuku," mother said and I took a step over giving them a smile.

"Good evening your majesties, it is an honor to have you in our home," I said giving a curtsy. "Oh my how beautifully Izuku has become Izuku! I haven't seen you since you were 6," she said, squeezing my cheeks and the prince laughed.

"Brat get your ass over here," the Queen said and my eyes popped and I looked at my mother who just continued smiling. "This is Katsuki," she said and he bowed. "A pleasure to be within your presence," he said and Inko smiled giving the boy a hug. "My what a handsome young man you became Katsuki! I remember when you would run around and make a ruckus everywhere you went," mother said, yeah she may seem evil but my mother is a hugger through and through. Queen Mitsuki laughed at the two. "Oh, he still does that, little brat!" She said and slapped his head. I've never seen a Queen smack her son willingly with so many important people around, and out of the blue? Mother makes it discreet so that no one will notice.

He rubbed it and glared at her. "It is very hard to do as you asked when you are being a hag!" He said between clenched teeth. I laughed and my mother hit me on the back. His scent was almost intoxicating, the smell of cinnamon and firewood filled my senses and I really wasn't opposed to it. This is a very interesting man. I can tell that he and his mother have a good relationship although they don't show it very well, the love is within their eyes. A king is a man of many words as to not have spoken at this point in time.

"I think the boys should go for a dance," the King said and the mothers nodded their heads. "Yes I agree," mother said and looked at us, her eyes paused at me to give me a look that said you know what to do. "May I ask for this dance?" He asked with slight annoyance in his tone, turning towards me and offering his hand. "Of course," I said with a bit of an attitude.

He took my hand and led me to the dance floor. We both got in position for a walts and the music began. We both looked away from each other as we glided across the floor. "You aren't that bad," he grumbled. "Neither are you," I said and it was silent. "I'm surprised actually, the other people I've danced with normally trip or fall flat on their face," he said and I looked up at him.

"This tempo is fine," I said and he smirked. "It better be, any faster and we would just be doing circles," he said and I gave him a single laugh. We went on in silence before a nagging stare caught my attention. It was my mother who was glaring at me, I knew what she was saying. The look that says you aren't doing enough, I get that look all the time with guests that come to the castle.

"So Prince Katsuki, who else have you danced with before me?" I asked, looking up at him. If the mother wants me to look like I'm swooning then I guess I'll give her it. "You don't want to know, I've been traveling around until my mother said that there was a marriage arranged," he said looking down at me. Traveling around? I wonder if it is an expedition! Oh, how I've always wanted to do that!

"So we both agree that this marriage is stupid?" I asked and he smiled. "Glad we are on the same page," he said and I nodded. "Now just to make my mother happy I'm going to have to put my head on your chest, is that fine or will you start to catch feelings?" I teased and he laughed again.

"You are one interesting Omega, that doesn't bother me but just so you know if it's a bet you are taking your instincts will make you lose," he said and I giggled placing my head on his chest. "On the contrary, your instincts are just as strong as mine, it will be a battle of wills," I said. His chest was as hard as a piece of armor, guiding us in the waltz. I can feel all of the muscles that could lie beneath. What am I saying? Yes he is a handsome man but I can't let that get to me, this was a forced arrangement and he could take away everything you have! Lock you up and stuff you away in a tower.

"Then I guess that it's on Princess," he whispered in my ear, it sent tingles down my spine. This alpha is definitely interesting. I closed my eyes just listening to the beat of the music. His back straightened and I could tell that he felt confident. "Do we look like a loving couple yet?" I whispered into his chest. I have to remember that we are acting, just playing a part in history.

"We sure are playing the part, almost everyone has stopped to watch us and our mothers look satisfied. Of course, there is this one man in the crowd who looks furious right now," he said with a hint of a smirk on his face. I looked over his shoulder to see the one person I never wanted to be with.

Shoto Todoroki...