Chapter 3

"You really don't know who that is?" I asked and he shook his head. I looked up at him to look into his eyes. This man is either ignorant or stupid to not know who Shoto Todoroki is. The only relief I had from this arranged marriage was to know that it wasn't to him.

"That is Shoto Todoroki, heir to the Fire Kingdom. Although his personality doesn't hold fire but ice, he is the coldest person you will ever meet. Believing everything is his and kills others without hesitation," I said then his pheromones hit me like a truck. They were like frozen old meat and the smell of trash and Katsuki nodded.

"Well his pheromones say to back off and I am not going to be a happy camper if he comes towards us," he said and I laughed. "Your will isn't powerful," I teased and he glared at me. "Shut the fuck up, it's in my nature to be protective of what's mine," he said. "But I'm not yours, and watch your language," I said with a smirk. "Not yet, and fuck off," he said again. Great so he is idiotic and barbaric!

The playful glint in his eyes told me that he wasn't backing down. Soon the music ended and we together walked back over to our parents staring at each other. "Was that good enough for you?" He asked as soon as we made it over, a glare towards the King and Queens. "That was perfect," Mitsuki said and my mother nodded. I guess this night will just be about meeting the parent's expectations.

"Excuse me," came a voice from behind us. "What are you doing?" Todoroki asked as Katsuki and I turned around. "Whatever do you mean?" Katsuki asked, his pheromones already getting sour. "The omega you have there is mine," Todoroki said with an ice-cold glare, it wasn't aimed at me but I could feel it go right into my soul. Katsuki scoffed. "I don't think so, Izuku seems to be perfectly happy with me. You shouldn't fight a battle you can't win," Katsuki said cockily and I put my hand on his chest. I'm not sure what came over me but it also felt like second nature, to stick up for someone that could mean the world to you. "Kacchan," I said and he looked at me with a look I couldn't decipher. It was a mixture of protectiveness and adoration. We might not have had a proper introduction but I can already tell that together we could make changes to the world.

"You should leave," Katsuki said, pushing me behind him. Todoroki didn't say anything and the silent fight between the alphas continued on. their pheromones mixed together giving me a light headache from the scents. Two strong alphas that can't make the other submit. "Why not put it to the test? How about a fight tomorrow at noon?" King Endeavor said and I shrunk even more behind Katsuki. A fight against Todoroki? I already know who I want to win but Katsuki is the wild card. From a kingdom in the south, we don't get much information on what they can do. He noticed and wrapped an arm around me.

"Why not? This stupid fight will be tested tomorrow," King Masaru said and put a hand on Katsuki's shoulder. His voice and eyes spoke of confidence, yet he doesn't know what the enemy has, or does he? "Perfect," King Endeavor said and turned towards my mother. "May we stay within the castle of Queen Inko?" He asked and my mother stood tall. "Your rooms will be prepared for you," she said and I looked at her and then back at the two. This just seems like a bad omen to me. Having these disgusting men within our castle borders for so long might end in something horrible.

"First we would like to announce the engagement between Prince Katsuki and Prince Izuku- what?!" The two yelled and my mother glared at them. "We would like to thank everyone in attendance and please have a safe journey home," she said, clapping her hands and everyone left. Her fake smile could fool anyone except for the royals, we all know what that smile means. From her pheromones alone I can tell she is annoyed that this is happening.

"My Queen, the rooms are prepared," a sweet maid said and she smiled at her. "Thank you, can you please escort King Endeavor and Prince Shoto to their chambers?" She asked and the maid nodded and started to walk away, the two following them. "I will escort King Masaru and Queen Mitsuki to your room. Please Izuku, escort Prince Katsuki to your chambers," she said and the three of them left. Is my mother insane? She wants me to stay with a man I barely even know? What the actual heck?! I'm sure he would have stayed with me tonight either way but all I can think about is what will happen tomorrow.

"Are you going to fight him tomorrow?" I asked. "Concerned?" He asked and I stopped. "It's in my nature to care," I said and he laughed. Omega's internal instincts are to care for all living things and to be nurturing to those they care about. Although Alphas are the ones who fight and protect, if you piss off an Omega they will hunt you for the rest of your days. Omegas are a lot scarier than they seem. "That half-and-half bastard has nothing on me Deku, no need to worry," he said and I looked at him with a blank stare.

I know that name...

'Deku'

Then it hit me, a little boy with blonde hair and red eyes that would come over a lot to call me by that name. Flashes of running through the castle, or the cooks showing us away. It's intriguing how the names are so new to both of us, yet they feel oddly familiar. Almost like a blanket of comfort laid over us both. Looking into his eyes now seems a lot less scary than before. I can sense a shift happening between us the longer we stand in the middle of the ballroom alone.

"This way," I said and led him toward my room. "Why did you call me Kacchan?" He asked as I opened the door. A question I dreaded him asking. Maybe subconsciously I knew who he was but in my mind when I said the name Kacchan I didn't understand the meaning until now. My instincts kicked in to protect him almost like I did it before when we were younger so it doesn't surprise me that I said his nickname. "I'm not sure, I didn't even really think about it. Almost like it was second nature to me," I said and we walked a little longer in silence.

"Why did you call me Deku?" I asked him to walk up a flight of stairs. "After you called me Kacchan it was almost like something had clicked in my mind. Like hidden memories that I stored away opened up and it just felt natural," he said and I nodded. So the feeling is mutual then, maybe my subconscious decision will take a turn for the better. Already I can feel my feelings for him change, morphing the little boy that I had a crush on with the man that stands before me today.

I stopped at my door and looked at him, before entering.