Chapter 19

We walked down the hallway hand and hand to the kitchen when we heard a scream come from outside the window a few doors down. "Oh heavens!" I said scrambling towards the two boys. "What happened?" Katsuki asked the two boys. "We were just playing around and I fell and she went out the window!" one spoke in nervous trembles. "Don't worry sweety I'm coming," I said stepping out of the window. "Izuku no!" I heard and I was already making my way down. I felt a hand grab mine and I looked up to see a worried Katsuki. "Izuku please we can figure this out another way," he said and I smiled. "Ok, boys? Go grab the closest linens and tie them to a rope. Kacchan, it's ok." I said rubbing my thumb over his hand. I started to make my way down more. "Ok sweety, I need you to try and start to move up. Make sure to have your feet planted firmly before moving your hands." I said and she nodded.

After a few seconds, I felt the white sheet hit my face. "Perfect, Alright how close are we?" I asked kacchan. "She's right underneath you," he said and I smiled shifting to the left to climb down more. I made sure to wrap the sheet around her. " I need you to hold this as hard as you can ok?" I asked her and she nodded. Her grey hair waved in the wind and her dark red eyes petrified. "Kacchan pull her up!" I said and he nodded. As soon as she started moving she freaked out flailing everywhere. Before I knew it I was falling through the air, plummeting towards the ground. Suddenly I was caught by a scaled beast that had wings. "No way!" I said lifting my head to get a better look at the freaking DRAGON that just saved me from my death. It was reddish orange with a wide wing span. This dragon was massive.

Before I knew it I was on the ground behind the castle. I heard a low growl and decided that was my queue to get off of him. Once I did he nuzzled me with his face and gave me a low croon. I giggled and petted his head. "Thank you very much for saving me, I for sure thought I was a goner for a second," I said and he gave me a sad whine. "I'm ok, you didn't hurt me," I said and the beast decided to lay down and wrap itself around me.

"IZUKU!" a worried scream rang through my ears. "I'm right here Kacchan! I'm ok!" I said. "Get off you stupid beast! He's mine!" he said throwing the beast's tail, wings, and face around like it wasn't a dragon at all. "Oh Deku, I'm so glad you are safe," he said wrapping me in his arms. "Yeah, so am I. How lucky am I to have had a dragon break my fall." I said and he smiled. "Izuku, meet Dynamight, my dragon," he said and my eyes widened. "He's yours?" I asked and he nodded. "It's a tradition that the mates meet the dragons after the wedding but since dynamite always flies around the castle at random I'm thankful that he was on guard enough to catch you," he said holding my face and pressing his forehead to mine. "He made sure I was safe and sound when we landed, a perfect gentleman," I said and I heard a happy croon come from the dragon.

"Good, I'm glad," he said giving me a peck on my lips. "So do dragons have mates?" I asked him and he smiled. "Yes, however, they are much more protective of them than we are," he said. "Is the girl ok?" I asked him and he nodded. "Yeah she's fine, thanks to my beautiful, brave, mate who will never do anything like that ever again," he said speaking between kisses before planting one back onto my lips. Suddenly we were covered in darkness and felt a huge gust of air hit us as another dragon landed beside us. This one was dark and light green, a bit smaller than the dragon beside us, and did not look happy.

The green dragon was making noises of anger at Dynamight as he put his head down in shame. I then stepped in front of Dynamight. "Hey, don't scold him. I understand that he broke a tradition but without him, I wouldn't be here right now." I said and Kacchan rolled his eyes at me. "Babe don't get in the middle of dragon business. That is a great way to get yourself eaten and killed," he said crossing his arms. The green dragon huffed at me and looked behind me at dynamight. Kacchan then pulled me away and the two dragons began bickering again with different croons and growls. "Let's just let the two mates figure it out for themselves alright?" he asked pulling me away. "But I feel bad, it was my fault for going out the window in the first place," I said holding myself. "Trust me I am not very happy with you right now but we need to go before-" the green dragon hopped back in front of us with a growl.

"Hi Emerald, how are you this fine afternoon?" Kacchan said with a smile. The dragon Emerald huffed and smoke came out of their nostrils. "My mate and I were just leaving," Kacchan said trying to push past but the dragon moved again. "Ok, guess we are doing this now. Alright umm, Deku, I need you to stick out your hands and let Emerald smell you." Kacchan said and I did just as he said. We waited and waited, and waited. Until the dragon was done having a staring contest with me and nuzzled my hand with their snout. Both Kacchan and I let out a sound of relief. "Good girl," Kacchan said to Emerald and gave her some loving. I heard Dynamight come up behind us and nudge me with his snout closer to the other dragon.

"Alright Deku, let me finally explain everything. Each person in the tribe has a dragon that is considered their twin flame. Dynamight is my twin flame, and his mate should be or represent my mate. Emerald in a sense is your twin flame, and she will be with you and protect you until the end. Like a dragon best friend." he said and I nodded. "So in a sense, Emerald is my- KATSUKI BAKUGOU," we all turn to see Queen Mitsuki standing by the stairs to the castle stairs that the servants use. "Uh, oh this won't end well," Katsuki said. 

--------

Author's Note

Hey Y'all! Sorry for the no update. As you can see it's been a while since the last update and that is because I started Nursing School! I will try to start to update more but I'm not making any promises. 

Thanks for all the love and support and hopefully I can get this finished and out to you all soon!