×-×Chapter.16×-×

(Haruto's POV)

I had marked my calendar twenty days from yesterday, the circled date glaring at me.

I didn't even know what was going to happen, but I did know that it wasn't going to be good.

I let out a sigh, walking to my study and locking the door when I had entered, going to the bookshelf opposite of the one to our archives.

I pulled a deep red book slightly, a gentle click befalling my ears as I watched the wall open up to a beautiful aviary.

All kinds of owls and hawks sat proudly around, eating some of the food in the baskets or just cleaning their feathers when they felt the need to do so.

I walked up to a beautiful chocolate brown owl, pulling on an arm protector before holding said appendage out and letting out a soft whistle, the bird jumping obediently onto where the guard was.

I smiled, gently scratching under her chin, making her chirp in satisfaction.

"Star, I have a mission for you sweetie." I spoke softly, walking out of the aviary and keeping the door open so that when she came back from the mission she could just go straight in.

She hooted at me, her head tilting in curiosity as I sat at my desk, her taking perch on my shoulder instead. I gave her a small smile, giving her head a few more scratches before turning to my parchment.

Mark Lee.
It's me, Haru.

I wanted to write to you, seeing as though it is easier than trying to get into the walls to communicate.

I let out a sigh.

I have the date marked, I know that Taeyong is most likely looking for me, so I have to keep it on the low. Me and Mina are going to go off, out and deep into the woods where they dare not go.

I will be taking the owl that brings you this message with me, so that we can stay in contact. Her name is star, please give her some kind of snack when she reaches you, as she will not trust you any if you don't.

I will be counting down the days until the twentieth moon...I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't feel good about it.

I'm going to close this letter with one thing:

I forgive you for snooping around. I just wanted you to know that, just incase things went south.

Sincerely, Haruto Osaki

I carefully rolled the parchment up, pulling Star's legs up and attaching it to her leg, her feathers effectively hiding it from plain sight, making it to where you could only see it if she showed it to you.

I scratched her head, walking over to the window and opening it, holding my arm out and watching as she got ready to take off, fluffing her wings before settling.

"I know this is an odd thing to ask of you," I began, pulling out a picture that I had snagged of Mark from his file. "But I need you to find this man, okay? He's in the walls, in Dreamtopia." I gave her a small smile. "I know it's not a place you're used to going, but I know you'll be safe. Find him as soon as you can."

I held my arm out of the window, Star letting out a cry before diving off and flying away towards the walls, her body slowly becoming harder and harder to see.

Please reach him soon...I thought, turning on my heel and going to go pack for mine and Mina's trip.

----×-×----
(Mark's POV)

I ran my fingers through my hair again, letting out tired sighs as I looked over the mountain of paperwork infront of me.

Just as I had reached for a paper on the top, a tapping came from my window.

I turned to see a beautiful brown owl there, it's eyes full of knowledge as I went over, opening the window and staring at it in confusion, knowing owls weren't typically the kinds of animals to gain a humans attention.

It leaned down towards it's leg and shifted the feathers, showing a rolled up piece of parchment.

I reached forward, carefully taking it from it and skimming over it, going into my drawers when I read the snack part.

I looked at crackers that I had, looking at the owl and humming. "Would you like a cracker? I know it's not the best in the world, but it's all I've got at the moment." She let out a chirp and I took that as I good sign, walking over and giving it to her.

I held my arm out and watched as she hesitantly jumped on.

I closed the window and turned back to my mountain of work. I shook my head, letting out a breath. This is way more important.

I pulled out a piece of fresh parchment and sat down, letting Star do as she wished while I fully, in depth read Haruto's letter.

I smiled a bit, putting it off to the side and writing out a response as quickly as possible.

Haruto, it's Mark.

Thank you for telling me, I'll make sure to look for Star whenever I'm able to, if it's okay with you, I'll probably have the other boys and Grace looking out for her as well.

You are right, Taeyong is going on a tangent about finding you. I owe you great thanks for hiding us down in the chapel, if you hadn't've, well, we would be in a lot of trouble is all I have to say.

I don't think you should stress about the date too much, what happens will happen, Dreamtopia will be by your side if it comes to a fight, I can promise that.

And are you sure you should go into the woods? They're dangerous and I don't want you or Mina getting hurt. If your decision is set in stone however, I wish you luck and safety, please send me letters at any chance you get.

I thought for a moment about what to say.

And, I don't deserve your forgiveness.
You and the rest of your family showed us hospitality and kindness, despite knowing who we were already. I had no rights to snoop around your stuff, and I am sincerely sorry that I ever thought I did.

Again, please be safe, I will be awaiting your next message eagerly.

Sincerely, Mark Lee.

I rolled it up and went over to Star.

"Alright hun, we need to go to the roof, I don't know if someone saw you on your way here and we don't need people getting suspicious and telling Taeyong. This is the tallest building in Dreamtopia, so they won't be able to see us up on the roof, it will look just like you had landed for a bit before taking off again." I explained.

Star let out a chirp and I smiled softly, walking out and seeing all the other boys and Grace standing around.

I walked over to them, giving Star another cracker as Grace noticed me, coming over and seeing the owl on my arm.

"Uh...bro? When did you get an owl?" She asked, reaching her hand out slightly.

I chuckled and have Star a few scratched. "She's actually Haruto's, this is how we're going to communicate since he and Mina are..." I looked around us, not seeing and guards but not wanting to take any chances. "They're going into hiding." I whispered in English, her nodding in understanding.

I straightened up a bit, looking at the other boys and seeing an unrecognizable look in Jaemin's eyes.

"We all have to be on the look out for her whenever we can, okay? It's really important." They all nodded and we all made our way up to the roof.

I looked at Star, meeting her eyes and giving a small smile. "Go find Haruto, wherever he is. Fly safe." She hooted, letting out a cry before diving off my arm and into the sky, flying off towards the Outlands, her body getting smaller and smaller as we all watched.

Reach him soon...I thought, turning and going back into the building with the rest of them.