×-×Chapter.18×-×

(Haruto's POV)

I swallowed thickly.

"Who are you?" I whispered.

He smiled widely, sitting down infront of us and placing his hands on the table. "My name is Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Haruto Osaki."

I frowned, my eyebrows creasing together. "How does everyone know me?" He got up in one fluid motion, gliding over to me, placing his hands softly on my shoulders. "My dear one, everyone knowns who you are. You are the chosen one, the one of which the prophecy for-tells." He gently caressed my hair. "I was so excited to finally meet the one who would hold my powers after I had left.

My eyes widened and I snapped my head towards him.

My hands started to shake.

"Your powers?" He nodded, smiling and pulling down the hood that I had just now realized he was wearing, showing off the prominent horns that curled over his head.

He unclipped his cloak and shifted, large white wings spreading from his back, showing there to be holes in them. I assumed they were caused by battles that the dragon born had fought in his time.

"Dragon born children die a lot slower than others." He seemed sad about that fact, but smiled at me. "I have passed my powers down to you, for I do not have much more time here, and I needed someone to carry on the gene for me." I frowned a bit. "You...might have fucked up with that one. I'm gay."

He smiled widely and caressed my face this time. "I know dear one, but, the gene can be passed by the incantation. It's the only reason you didn't die at childbirth." He stared at me for a bit, his eyes slowly bleeding into a vibrant blue. "Why do you think you don't remember your mom? Why your maid had to take care of you?" I teared up, realizing I was the reason me and Shotaro had lost our mom.

Jonghyun pulled away and hummed. "Now, she didn't die immediately, but she was slowly dying over time, which I think is a fate much worse, but, I can promise that you are not the reason for her suffering." I nodded slowly, not fully believing him.

He hummed. "Right! I need to teach you how to use your powers huh? What time must you leave?" He asked. The look in his eyes told me that he already knew, but I told him anyways, him nodding in understanding. "Perfect, just enough time, let us get started."

----×-×----

Days turned into weeks and weeks into months. I had slowly grown features that resembled a dragon over the time we had been there.

Everything was a soft blue, not a white like Jonghyun.

He smiled at me, proud that  I could finally control the powers he had given me. "You're ready Haru." I watched the tears gather in his eyes, pride shining from them when suddenly a bright light shined on him and he smiled widely at me. "It's time for me to go."

I walked slightly towards him. "Wait, why?" I asked softly. I had gotten really attached to him in the time we had been here. He walked over to me, hugging me tightly. "There can only be one dragon born my dear, but it's okay, I'll always be with you, right here." He gently poked my chest where my heart was. "You are so strong Haruto, and you will do so many great things. I'll be watching over you." He smiled softly at me, kissing the soft blue mark that had appeared on my forehead just a few days ago. "If you ever need me, look up at the moon, I will be looking right back at you, every time."

I nodded, watching as he slowly faded away with the light, the tears dripping down my cheeks.

Everything about me had become blue, my tears, my blood, my eyes, everything but my skin.

I took a deep breath, turning towards Mina and checking the calendar. "Let's head back. The others need to know about this." She nodded, and we gathered our stuff.

I looked at the pendant that Jonghyun had given me a few nights ago, gripping it in my hand.

(Flashback)

"Here Haruto, have this. It will help you protect the ones you love." Jonghyun said, placing a small purple pendant in my hand.

I stared at it confused. "How will this help me protect my loved ones?" I asked him quietly. He just smiled mysteriously. "You'll see young one, you will see."

(End)

I placed the chain around my neck and started the trek towards the Outlands.

----×-×----
(Mark's POV)

I got everyone ready to make the trip over to the Outlands, as Haruto had sent out an urgent owl to me, saying that we needed to be there, as he had to show us something really important.

I looked around at everyone's faces, them obviously being worried for our friend. "It's okay, I'm sure of it, so let's go."

Everyone nodded and we took off.

----×-×----

We arrived at nightfall, Shotaro meeting us at the bridge.

He nodded at us, leading us towards the house and letting us in.

"He hasn't come home yet, but he should be here tomorrow. I don't know what he needs to show us, but it gives me a bit of anxiety. I hope he's okay..." He rambled.

I patted his back. "Dont worry about him, Haruto is a lot stronger than he lets on to be." Shotaro nodded, smiling softly at me in thanks before walking off towards his room.

I looked around and saw a new face.

"Oh, hello there, who might you be?" She hummed, smiling a little. "The names Kari. Lin Kari." I nodded, smiling a little. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kari.

I saw her look behind me, her cheeks immediately going red before she shook her head slightly.

I looked back to see Haechan there, his face almost masking hers and I smirked, gently pushing the boys over to the group, standing beside Grace and chuckling.

Grace sighed, rubbing her wrist slightly.

I looked at her in worry. "What's wrong sis?" She hummed. "Just...I'm still upset that Jungwoo won't take our side, y'know? We've been dating for a few months now, but he's so scared of Taeyong that he refuses to join us..." I smiled at her, pulling her into a hug. "Hey, if it comes down to it, I can almost one hundred percent positively say that he'd come to your side in a heartbeat." She looked at me, a small smile grown on her lips. "You promise?" I nodded. "I promise."

She gave me a big hug before going over to the rest of the group.

I looked out of one of the windows and saw the green lights of Neo City shining harshly against the sky, knowing that Taeyong was planning an attack.

I looked at the door.

Come back quickly Haruto...I don't know how much time we have left to sit in wait...