×-×Chapter. 23×-×

(Haruto's POV)

The battle was long since passed, and Neo City and the Outlands had become one together, under the rule of all of us.

No more would there be pain and suffering, only happiness and prosperity.

I mourned my brothers death for years, burying him and our parents in former Neo City soil, making a family plot that I would lay in as well when it was finally my time.

Many relationships blossomed after, including my own with Jaemin.

He made me incredibly happy, and I couldn't ask for a better husband.

I looked at the ring sitting comfortably on my finger, twisting it around the appendage and smiling absentmindedly.

Grace was soon to give birth, any week now. It made me smile more that the new generation wouldn't be subjected to the hate that Taeyong had implemented upon this land.

"My darling?" His voice came from behind me, making me turn to loom at him.

He was dressed comfortably as usual, the lion tattoo on his neck showing proudly from the collar of the hoodie.

He took a step closer to me and caressed my face, a warm smile on his face as he gently kissed over the scar on my eye, doing the same for the one on the corner of my lips.

"Whats wrong love? Are you alright?" I sent him a small smile, leaning into his palm and humming gently at the warmth it provided. "I'm fine Jaem~" I sighed contently. I wish Shotaro was here to see the progress made. He smiled so sweetly at me, kissing my forehead and taking one of my hands in his, rubbing his thumb over the ring.

"Thinking of Shotaro again?" His warm hand slid from my cheek to my neck, slowly down to my shoulder and then along my arm until he intertwined our fingers together. I nodded gently, smiling sadly. "And the others.."

I watched his eyes grow sad, knowing I was speaking of Jeno and Jisung. "It's okay," He whispered, resting his forehead against mine. "I'm positive they're all watching over us, making sure we are being safe and feeling as loved as humanly possible." He gave me that sweet smile again, kissing me properly this time.

He stood out of the crouched position before tugging me up, leading me towards a canvas that held a half-finished painting of all of my friends, some looking almost faded, as if they weren't really there.

"Now come, we must finish this painting for the chapel, I'm positive Chan would love to hang it up in the  'hall of heroes' section."

I felt a fond smile grow on my cheeks as I nodded, everything was perfect, and the 'Hall of Heroes' was covered with pictures of our friends that had fought so diligently to help us free this land.

I grabbed a brush, turning to the canvas when a voice stopped me.

"Woo! I'm fine! I can walk up a hill without your help!" Grace exclaimed, making me turn to see everyone walked towards us, smiling and joking around.

Jaemin wrapped his arms around me from the back, sighing contently into my ear, resting his head on mine as he rubbed small circles into my hip with his thumb. "This..."

"This is perfect."