×-×Chapter. 22×-×

(TW! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF WAR AND VIOLENCE, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION!)

----×-×----
(Haruto's POV)

I flew into the sky, letting out a screech before taking a deep breath in and letting it out, flames spewing from between my lips and burning more than half the army that was running towards us.

I ignored their screams of pain as i kept heading towards taeyong.

If we took him out, maybe this could all be over quickly.

I couldn't get close to him however, as he was moving quickly through his ranks, standing among my friends.

I couldn't use my fire now.

I watched as he engaged into a fight with Mark, Grace running to them, followed by a white haired boy with a puppy like face.

I landed, letting Shotaro off my back and slamming and enemy guard away with my tail before shrinking and placing my back against Shotaro's.

We fought back to back like that, slowly inching towards Taeyong's fight when Johnny suddenly stepped into our path.

"Don't make me kill you Johnny Suh!" I barked at him, glaring harshly. He rose his sword, suddenly swinging behind him, an exhausted look on his face. "I am not here to battle you, Haruto Osaki." He killed another one of the guards. "I wish to join you. Taeyong has been wrecking havoc on Neo City and I am sick of it." A sad look came over his eyes. "I love him, he is my brother, but for as long as he lives, we will suffer."

I nodded sternly, killing an enemy that tried to sneak up behind him. "Be careful." I grunted before running off with Shotaro towards Taeyong.

----×-×----

By the time we reached them, they were all pretty injured.

All except for Taeyong.

I swallowed harshly, stepping into the path of Taeyong's blade, blocking it with my own when he tried to deliver the finishing blow to Mark.

He gave me a crazy smirk. "Here he is, the little pathetic prince I have been looking for!" He shoved me back with his sword, crouching slightly, the bloodthirsty look in his eyes even more prominent now.

I let out a low rumble of a growl, feeling it vibrate my chest.

He lunged, his sword pointed and aiming straight for my heart. "LET US SEE WHO FALLS!"

I jumped out of the way, pushing his back harshly and using his own momentum against him, watching as he struggled to catch himself. "It will be you Lee Taeyong. That I will make sure of." I mumbled, raising my sword.

"CHAEHEE!" Sungchan's scream made me stop, snapping my head over to see him gripping her body tightly against his, a sword keeping them wedged together, WayV Central's leader Lucas holding the handle.

I saw red, shooting towards them and lopping that mans head off before I could even stop to think about what was happening.

"HARUTO!" It was Jaemin this time.

When I looked in his direction, he wasn't looking at me, but at where I had previously been.

The feeling of dread consumed me as I peered over, only to see my big brother with a sword through his abdomen, his eyes set in a glare as his own weapon was lodged into Taeyong's shoulder.

I was over in a second, shoving Taeyong back and holding my brother close to my chest, the sounds of battle slowly fading from my ears as my only focus was my brother.