Chapter Three

Chapter Three

After that exciting adventure with the pogues, I had decided to go back to my family and the next day had rolled around. I walked onto my Druthers' boat knowing that John B was coming in sometime today to drop them off, so I decided I'd hang out here for a while.

I lay on the couch, looking up at the white roof. Sarah had grilled me yesterday, asking where I had been, but I didn't tell her anything. It wasn't worth sharing if I'm honest. All we had found was his Dad's old compass.

I scroll through my TikTok feed on my phone. We had service back due to the backup generators and I'm so grateful. I giggled at some relatable content before going on Snapchat and replying to my friends.

Sarah and I had a 1,000+ day streak. We haven't broken it yet. We constantly snap at each other of random things during our day.

Suddenly, someone had stepped into the boat as I was lying on the couch. It was John B; clearly, he hadn't seen me as he puts away the scuba tank.

I sat up slowly, trying not to make a sound. Once he turns around, I stand there now, with my arms crossed. "Gotcha."

"Oh, my God, you scared me." John B sighed. "It's only you."

"Yeah, it's only me, don't worry." I smiled at him. "Hey, because you let me in on your thing... Whatever it may be, I promise I won't tell Daddy dearest that you stole our scuba gear."

He smiled gratefully. "Thank you. What are you doing here?"
"It's our boat." I pointed out. "And the only place with air condition. So, I think I'm gonna have to sleep here a few nights. Plus, Sarah snores."

John B chuckled. "You won't tell Sarah about this... Right?"

"Course not. She may be my twin and knows everything about me, but she doesn't need to know everything about me." I had rambled. "I love to her to bits, but, sometimes she can be super annoying, ya know?"

John B had smiled. "I guess. Um, I'll get going now. Thanks for helping me."

"You're welcome," I responded. "Not that I did much." John B made his way to the sliding door before I stopped him, again. "Hey, John B. Ignore everyone saying that your Dad's dead. That compass that made its way back to you proves he's not."

John B nods. "Thanks, Stormy."

"No problem." I checked the time. "It's 5.00 AM and I'm going back to sleep. Lemme know if anything interesting happens, or if you need help with anything."

John B salutes me. "Will do. JJ and I are gonna be going to Ms Lana and asking if she knows anything. I'll keep you updated."

"Hmhmm," I nodded. John B had left and I fall back onto the couch amongst the blankets and fell back asleep.

✫✫✫

A few hours had gone by later and a no caller ID calls my cellphone. "John B, give me back my phone—"

"Kie, she's already picked up," I rolled my eyes at the idiots. I was still on my Yacht, relaxing.

"Morning to you too," I responded sarcastically. "What can I help ya with?"

"Listen, how fast can you be here?" John B had quickly asked.

I looked at the time. "Half hour."

"Okay. Be here." John B had hung up and I sighed. I had gotten ready. I chose a plaid skirt and a crop top with a bikini suit underneath.