Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten 

John B had luckily survived the big fall and is now living at my house. This partly annoys me, as I was literally just kicked out of the house. It almost feels like they're replacing me with John B.

But this is what I wanted, right? To be free from the Kook's world and live as a Pogue?

Well, that's what I'm doing right now. I'm in John B's house, living my best life. My Jeep Wrangler was parked outside, that was the only thing I had to manage to steal from the house, as it technically was mine.

I had moved into John B's house as he had given me permission to. Since he wasn't going to be there, I could take over for a little while. When we get rich and find the gold, I'm going to be leaving this place. I'll never go back.

I'll live with my Aunt in Australia. I know she'll have me.

"I love the new place." JJ had come into the lounge where I was sitting, scrolling on my phone.

"Why thank you," I speak in a British accent. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

JJ smirked and fell on the couch beside me. "How's the Pogue life?"

"Uh, so much better." I had kicked my feet on the coffee table. "You see that right there? I wouldn't have been able to do that in the Kook's house."

JJ chuckled, nodding his head. "Kook's have so many rules. Pogues? We have none. Expect, maybe one—to have the best summer ever."

I turned to JJ, smiling. "How's that turning out for you? Are you sticking by it?"

"Well, for the first time since 5th grade, I'm talking to the one and only, Stormy Cameron." JJ had told me and I chuckled. "So, yeah, I'd say this is the best freakin' summer I've had."

"I knew I made everyone's life better," I speak matter-of-factly.

JJ couldn't stop smiling at me, and it was the cutest thing I'd seen all day. "I've come to tell you we're having a meeting at The Wreck. John B has important news to tell us."

"Ah, the important news," I speak in my British accent.

"Please, never speak in a British accent ever again." JJ had told me and helped me to my feet, the both of us suddenly extremely close, causing my cheeks to heat up.

"You do not like the British accent?" I speak in a French tone, frowning. "Why, I am so offended."

JJ rolled his eyes. "I say we should get moving before the rest of the group grows suspicious." He speaks in a French accent and I had to stop myself from smirking.

"Suspicious of what?" I continued to speak in my French accent, changing it up. "Nothing sus going on over here."

"Let's go, partner in crime." JJ had grabbed my hand and dragged me towards my Jeep Wrangler.

✫✫✫

"Sorry, you're staying where?"

Kie was working. John B had sat by the counter, while JJ, Pope, and I were at a table.

"Tannyhill." John B responded.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron," Kie told him.

"Okay, look, the only reason why I'm living there is because her Dad bailed me out, okay?" John B had said and I raised an eyebrow. Did dad bail him out? "And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I about go to if Ward didn't—"

"Hey, so like, do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope teased.

"Does that mean you're my brother now?" I raised an eyebrow at John B, a smirk forming on my lips.

"I don't know, Pope." John B sighed, walking over to us. "And I'm gonna say yes, Stormy, because being your brother would be such an honour."

I grinned widely.

"What about those golf carts they drive around?" JJ questioned and I rolled my eyes at that. "You get one of them?"

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?" Pope questioned.

"Look, you promised." Kie cuts the boys off. "You said you weren't with her."

"Bro, just own it," JJ told John B. "She got you."

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine." Kie continued. "But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah."

"Do you guys see her here?" John B questioned, looking around.

"No, but I see her sister." Kie points to me and I scowled at her.

"That's different, and you know it, Kie." JJ had said, defending me as he puts an arm around me. "Storm has had our backs countless of times. She's earnt her place here, whether if you like it or not."

"A little focus would be fanatic." John B had cut us off. "We're got the map, right?"

"It's all out of whack cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ had said, looking down at the map that was on the table.

"It's cause the coast has changed," Kie said.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope figured.

"What about the old forts?" John B questioned.

"Battery Jasper," Kie said.