Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The next day, I was at John B's again. I had to sneak out of home in order to get here and not get questioned by Sarah or Wheezie. God, it was difficult but worth it. John B had successfully grabbed the drone and we were gonna use it today.

John B and I swim around under the water as we faced the drone. JJ and Pope were trying to work it out while Kie, John B, and I swam around in the water. I made a silly face at the drone, then pulled the middle finger at them and I chuckled before going up for some air.

We were set up on the dock. John B and Kie had come up for air as well and I grinned. All I heard from JJ was, "shut up, shut up, it's too early for that right now." He was speaking to Pope.

"Hey, look, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town, and file a formal claim." John B had told us.

"It's such bullshit." JJ groaned, leaning on the rail on the dock, his eyes casting over to me for a second. "Why do we have to do that?"

"Well, there is maritime salvage law." Pope had said. "You can just go to the ocean floor and scoop up a bunch of stuff up." Pope was leaning on the rails next to JJ.

"I know, I know." JJ nodded. "It's just, Lawyer's aren't cheap, bro."

"Well, as soon as they see this footage, they'll work for a chomp." John B reminded us. I laid back in the ocean and just floated, looking up at the sky.

"How do you know all that?" Kie asked.

"Cause my Dad said it, like, a million times." John B informed her.

"Yeah, that's fair," Kie said. I had begun to swim to the ladder and climbed up it, standing next to JJ who turned to me with a grin.

"This tether is like, really, long," Pope pointed out. "In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around."

"I think someone needs a hug," I was looking at JJ as I said this and opened my arms wide.

"No, Stormy," JJ warned, his eyes widening and before he could even run away, I had wrapped my arms around him, completely drenching him. I giggled when JJ had finally embraced that he was wet and hugged me back, wrapping his arms around me.

"Then we'll go at a dead calm." John B responded to Pope's comment. I pulled away from JJ, hearing thunder in the distance.

"At slack side?" Kie asked, climbing halfway up the ladder.

"So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather." Pope had said. "And today is not that day."

I gaze up the storm clouds at the distance. I then let out a chuckle. "A storm's coming." I pointed to myself. They all looked at me, not even laughing. "Oh, come on, that's funny!"

✫✫✫

"I don't want to go fucking golfing with you lot." I scowled at Topper and Rafe the same day. Topper is insisting that I go golfing with them. I mean, I'm already here in the golf yard.

"Hey, I brought you something," Topper had handed me a bottle. I opened the lid and sniffed it. It was vodka and lemonade. My favourite. "You can drink that and chill out in the golf cart and follow us around."

I scoffed. "Yeah, all right." I rolled my eyes and I took a gulp of the alcohol drink. "So, what's the point in me coming if I'm just gonna watch and drink?"

"We haven't hung out in a while." Topper pointed out as he takes his first shot, the ball going far. "I miss my best friend."

"Of course, you miss me. Everyone does." I take another sip of the alcohol and watched as Rafe hits.