Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

I had woken up in a comfy bed. I woke up; surprised to see myself sleeping on the bed. The last time I checked, I was sleeping in the car. But, I guess someone must've moved me to the bed.

My God, did I have a good sleep last night.

I was still exhausted and didn't know what to think as I stumbled out of the room I had to take over when I used to stay here. I let out a yawn and stumbled onto the porch, no one was there. Where was everyone?

I had exited out of the porch and onto the lawn, seeing Kie, Pope, and JJ by the shed. I walked over to them, still feeling pretty tired. I probably should've gone back to sleep.

"Morning, sleeping beauty!" JJ had called, sending me a grin. I frowned deeply at him. I was still mad at him and I made my way to Kie. "You're still mad at me? Cool, cool..."

I rolled my eyes. "What happened? What time is it?"

"Ma'am it is 11.00 AM," Kie informed me. "You slept in for ages. I wanted to wake you up, but JJ warned me not to."

I chuckled. "JJ's right. Unless I wake myself up, then don't bother. You don't want to see the ugly side of me."

"There is no ugly side of you." JJ sweetly told me and I felt myself blush. I rolled my eyes and looked away. JJ was working on his board.

"That's a lot of wax on your board." Pope had told JJ. "Put too much wax, it's gonna be slippery,"

"Are you telling me to wax my board?" JJ asked Pope.

"Just saying that's a lot of wax." Pope pointed out and I walked over to examine his board.

"Pope's not wrong." I shake my head.

"Hey, come here." JJ had quickly taken my hand before I could run away and pretend to be mad at him, he connected our lips briefly. "Good morning."

Suddenly, a honk interrupts us and I pulled away, to see what was up. "Do you guys hear that?" I asked and my eyes widen when the familiar of John B's van pulls up to us, with John B inside. "Wait, what the fuck?!"

"Are you serious?" Kie exclaimed happily.

"Hold on. Am I dreaming right now?" JJ asked as John B comes towards us.

"Guess who's out the clink, boy!" John B exclaimed

"No freaking way, man!" Pope also exclaimed. We all embraced him in for a hug, a small group hug and I let out a happy laugh.

"My boy's out of the freakin' can!" JJ excitedly said.

"We missed you," Kie told John B as we pulled away.

"I missed you guys, too." John B grinned.

"How'd you do it? You bust out?" JJ asked curiously.

"Uh, they dropped the charges." John B informed.

"They dropped the charges," I repeated slowly.

"That's phenomenal!" Kie exclaimed.

"So, you're telling me, Storm and I did that work all for nothing?" JJ groaned.

"Oh, the most elaborate escape plan of all time?" Pope had teased.

"Foolproof." Kie mocked him.

"Yeah, it was, actually," JJ snapped in defence.

"Wait, where's Sarah?" John B had cut into their arguing. The three friends shifted their gazes and I frowned. "No, no, no, where's Sarah?"

"She went to go meet Wheezie last night," Kie informed us. "She didn't come back."