Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I stepped into the house that I once called home and looked around. It hasn't changed with the three days I had been here, but I came here because my Dad wanted to talk to me. Plus, I'm here to pick up Sarah because John B wants her at our next meeting. Sarah doesn't know I'm here yet.

I walked up the stairs and into Dad's study, where I knew he would be. He looked up from his office chair, where he was working. I had closed the door behind me.

"Stormy," Dad had greeted slowly. It was like he was walking on eggshells. "Take a seat." I ignored the couch and stood standing, crossing my arms. "Okay..."

"Why am I here, Dad?" I questioned. "So you can kick me out again?"

"No." Dad shakes his head. "No, sweetheart. Absolutely not. I want you to come back, Stormy. You need to come back."

"I don't need to come back." I shake my head.

"Yes, you do." Dad began to raise his voice. "Peterkins was asking about you the other day. People are noticing that you don't live here anymore, Stormy."

"Maybe because someone had kicked me out." I pointed out. "Maybe I don't want to live here in this doll house anymore."

"But, Storm, you've got everything you could ask for here." Dad had told me.

"That's part of the problem." I continued. "I don't want everything just handed to me anymore. That's not how life should work."

Dad glares at me. "I've worked way to hard just for you to not have this lifestyle—"

"This lifestyle is toxic." I cut him off. "Daddy, if I don't leave now, I'm going to be you and Rose's puppet for the rest of my life and I don't want that. I want to be my own person."

"Where the hell could you possibly live, Storm?" Dad questioned, his voice continues to rise. "You've got no food, you've got no roof under your head, you've got no money."

"Dad—" My voice cracks.

"You're moving back in, that's final." Dad slams his hand down on the counter. "You will not be a disgrace to the family name, Stormy Cameron, do you hear me?"

"You think I'm a disgrace." I muttered, lowing my gaze a little. "It's okay, Dad, really. I mean, you've already replaced me with John B."

Dad shakes his head. "I haven't replaced you—"

"And you've already replaced Mum." I cried, tears filling in my eyes. "With that blonde wanna be bitch! How could you?!"

"Storm, you take that back right now." Dad told me sternly, but I held his gaze, clenching my jaw.

"I don't want anything to do with this family anymore." I admitted. "I'm done being your puppet. You can't throw me around anymore, Dad. I can move out legally. I'm 16 fucking years old. I shouldn't have to put up with this shit anymore."

"Where are you going to go, Storm?" Dad questioned. "You can't even afford a house under your head. I'll be canceling your credit card if you do leave."

My mouth dropped. "You can't do that, that's all my money—"

"That belongs to me." Dad threatens. "If you leave now, Storm, you won't be coming back."

"Okay," I had finalized. I threw him my credit card out of my purse. "I'm done. Goodbye, Ward."

I turned sharply and stormed back into my room to back the rest of my gear. I had grabbed the biggest suit I could find and packed everything up.