Chapter Thirteen: The Spring of Fun and Dragons

But Quirrell must have been stronger than they thought as in the next two months nothing seemed to happen, although he did seemed to be getting paler and thinner. Harry was impressed by Quirrell's stamina.

Every time they passed the third-floor corridor, Harry, Theodore, Allison, and Tracey would press their ears to the door to check that Fluffy was still growling inside. Snape was sweeping about in his usual bad temper, which surely meant the Stone was safe, however Harry swore he was now following him as Snape seemed to be everywhere. Whenever Harry or Tracey passed Quirrell these days they gave him an encouraging sort of smile, and Theodore had started telling people off for laughing at Quirrell's stutter.

Theodore however had started studying like a mad man, never taking breaks, and writing notes late into the night. He was deteriorating in front of Harry's eyes.

'Theodore, the exams are ages away.'

'Ten weeks,' Theodore snapped. 'That is not ages, and I got to make sure my grades are perfect or else...Also don't call me Theodore.'

Harry finally made the connection. 'Right, Theo, you said your bruises at Christmas were caused by a fall-'

'Watch it Potter.'

'No, what I am trying to say is Hogwarts is a safe place, so you probably won't fall here if you stay the Easter break, and you could study in peace with the less students.'

Theodore looked up from his work for the first time in weeks, and looked Harry in the eyes with wonder he had not seen since they first met at the feast.

'You really think staying could help, my er, problem?'

'I think so, plus you could keep an eye on Snape and keep Allison company.'

His wonder turned to disappoint.

'You aren't staying for Easter?'

'No, I shouldn't have even stayed for Christmas, I haven't seen my family in so long and my sister really misses me. I'll be back in two weeks Theo, I promise.'

'What about the piles of work the teachers are handing out for Easter, you can't ask for help from Cotswolds.'

'Theo, I got this, and anything I can't finish at home you can help me with when I return. You will be alright here in the castle.'

And he was, as was Harry back home at Mould-on-the-Wold cottage. Harry hugged his little sister at King's Cross Station for the first time, Canini had really grown since he had last seen her.

 Harry hugged his little sister at King's Cross Station for the first time, Canini had really grown since he had last seen her

(Art by letraspal on tumblr, check them out they make amazing wolfstar art as well as stuff for the Simon snow series.)

Harry spent the break playing with her, and telling everyone all he had learned, helping Remus out at the cafe, relaxing, and doing his homework. They couldn't have the meal Easter Sunday as it was a full moon, but the next day Sirius and Remus hosted the meal and had the Tonks, Nymphdora, Lyall, plus Nymphdora's paternal grandparents all over for the meal, and it was one of the most memorable family gatherings Harry had had in a while.