Chapter four: Diagon Alley

July quickly passed until it was finally the last day of the month, his birthday. His family told him in advance that they'd be picking him up in the morning. His big celebration came with him getting his letter, so today was more about introducing him more to Wizarding culture.

Sirius in his flying motorcycle arrived at eight o'clock exactly and Harry jumped in the side car. As they started flying Sirius pressed a little button and the whole vehicle disappeared from muggle eyes. Still awkward from how they had last spoken, both remained silent for the majority of the flight, however just as they started flying over London Harry's curiosity got the better of him.

'What are we doing today.'

'Today you are buying the rest of your supplies for Hogwarts.'

'Um, Sirius, I don't think my allowance will cover that. Also it's my birthday.'

'I know it's you're birthday, you will get your present later, but because it's your eleventh birthday you're families vault is finally open to you. Aren't you excited to get some independence?'

Harry thought about this, having a little money to himself to spend without having to ask Sirius and give a reason sounded nice. He also just realized he'd be getting his wand today which filled him with glee and excitement.

'Yes, actually I am.'

Soon Sirius started his decent and they landed in a discreet alleyway before turning visible and driving onto the road where he parked in front of a parking meter. Neither remembering how it worked they studied it for a couple minutes until they remembered it needed money, Sirius tried to pay it a Sickle, but it wouldn't fit, so Harry paid with the little muggle money he had on him.

They made there way towards Charing Cross Road. As they walked Sirius pointed out the two apartments they used to live in when Harry was small, and even walked into an Indian muggle convenience story that Sirius once worked at. The owner recognized him and Sirius introduced Harry to him, and the two men had a quick chat before he and Harry continued on there way. Finally they came to a hault in between a book shop and a record shop, the door and sign of the Leaky Cauldron came into view and they entered the grubby-but familiar-pub where Canini was waiting with Mrs. Dara Baker-Dodderidge.

The pub was never at full capacity, but there were a good amount of people in it today. A few old women were sitting in a corner, drinking tiny glasses of sherry, one of them was smoking a long pipe. A little man in a top hat was talking to the old barman Tom, who had the complexion of a walnut. A very tall and big man with a wild tangled beard sat at the other end of the bar, and a young man with a twitchy eye and purple turban walked in from the other entrance. Canini was sitting at a table with Tom's wife, until he saw them and got up to run to Harry.

'Harry! It's so good to see you! I've missed you so much, why haven't you mirrored?'

Harry felt guilty, Remus had wrote that Canini was probably the only wizard in existence that didn't know about what Harry did, as well as they didn't tell him exactly what happened the day of the fight. It was unfair to Canini that Harry hadn't talked to him and he should probably make it up to him sometime.

'Sorry Bro, I just have been dealing with-stuff. How are you doing Cani?'

'Ok, Friday was hard, but yesterday was cool. I tripped at the top of the stairs but instead of falling I floated. I tried to repeat this but I actually fell down the stairs when I tried, got a cool bruise from the railing.'

Canini had just barely lifted his shirt to show his purple elbow when the big man stood up and called out.

'Blimey, you're Harry Potter?!'