Chapter 2

The Captain sat on the edge of his bed looking at a layout of Gwangju, trying to figure out where would be best to attack first. He was fully aware that the people of the country might have already spotted them but what did he care?

He had enough power within him and his crewmates to destroy the entire country in one go. And even though he could do that, he wanted to carry out the perfect plan.

He tried concentrating on what he was supposed to do but flashes of the mysterious tail kept flashing in his mind. 

What could it possibly have been?

Swordfish? No. Dolphin? No. Marlin? No. Jackfish? No. Great white? No. None of the fish's tails matched the tail the Captain had seen and that puzzled him.

He had been on the sea for over a decade and yet he had never seen a tail such as the one he had seen earlier in the day.

Mermaid? Ha. That was too far fetched even for the Captain and his wild sightings.

"Mingi?"

"What do you want, Seonghwa?" the Captain snapped, a bit irritated for being interrupted and for not knowing what species owned the kind of tail he had seen.

The second in command boatswain glared at the Captain and entered the small room.

"The canons are ready. We also have rifles on standby just in case they'll be necessary."

Mingi nodded in approval and motioned for the male to exit the small room.

He wondered what he could do to ensure a grand and memorable attack against Gwangju.

Mayhaps he could start off by killing all the men and then kidnapping the young women. Or mayhaps he could start by murdering the King so the Kingdom goes into frenzy and a civil war begins, allowing him to walk through in the midst of it without a second glance his way and then take all he wanted before heading off to another country.

He wasn't sure if those were such memorable entrances but he'd have to attack soon.

He could probably walk in and murder random people as he walked and by the time he would have reached the castle, such fear would have set that he could freely walk in and murder the King before taking over the country.

He sighed and stood up, running a hand through his fire red hair and stretched. His black trench coat styled jacket rode up, exposing the bottom of his stomach.

He wanted to enter the Kingdom and he wanted to enter immediately. 

"OI! GATHER 'ROUND!" Mingi yelled, walking to the deck of the ship and gaining the attention of everyone, including Yunho who listened from the waters."We attack today and we attack in around an hour! This is the plan. I walk in first and kill everyone in my way and after that, all of you kill all the men and kidnap the women before I make it to the palace and slay the king."

Everyone nodded and began scrambling to get ready for their first launch against the Kingdom of Gwangju.

Yunho felt his body begin to shake and he wanted to get out of the waters quickly.

Slowly, without making the water move too much and without causing too much noise, he swam under the waters to the rocks along the shoreline and pulled on his clothes that he had left there once he got out of the water.

Hiding as much as possible as he snuck away from the sea, he made a run for it. With no horse and no other transportation, there was nothing he could do but put his long legs to use and make a run for it. 

Adrenaline coursed through his veins and he ran with all his might. He ran and ran and ran and ran until finally, covered in sweat and panting for air, he reached the palace.