Chapter 8

Mingi lay on his bed, taking the time to think of Yunho.

He had never seen anyone as adorable as the male and even though he hated that his crewmates caught feelings for someone else, he was a hypocrite and found himself being intrigued with the King.

He just wanted to squish the King's cheeks and kiss his adorable nose. Thread his rough hands through the soft hair and receive butterfly kisses from the taller.

Mingi felt a bit weird thinking of such soft things and wanted nothing more than to get rid of them. He was supposed to be cold hearted and dangerous but here he was feeling light and giddy. In his twenty-two years of living, he had never felt such emotions and he wasn't sure if they were natural. 

He figured they were since San and Yeosang had reacted horribly when their other half died and so decided he would allow those emotions for that moment. 

He fell asleep not too long after even though he wasn't sleepy, thoughts of the adorable King on his mind and for once in his life, a smile graced his features as he lulled into slumber.

The red haired Captain had less than twenty minutes of sleep when a sharp pain shot through his right shoulder. His eyes flew open and before he could fully process what was happening, a loud gunshot sounded through the room and a body fell forward on top of the Captain.

Mingi made a move to sit up but the throbbing in his shoulder worsened. The male glanced up to see Seonghwa standing in the room holding a rifle, his black hair falling over his left eye and the little bit of light that entered into the room casted shadows over the male giving an eerie effect.

"Don't move, you have a knife in your shoulder," Seonghwa said, pointing at the knife that stuck out of Mingi.

Without thinking, Mingi yanked it out and he instantly regretted it once he felt the way his skin sliced further open and the way blood began pouring out without mercy.

Seonghwa quickly dragged the body off of the Captain and pulled it up the hatch where he then threw it overboard and into the sea.

Mingi didn't move. He felt his vision go a little cloudy but held strong and pressed a hand against his deep cut.

Seonghwa fetched Hongjoong from the shared room who then instantly set to work and stitched the cut with the little bit of resources they had.

"You can't die from one stab," Hongjoong muttered, cleaning the edges of the stitches. "You’ve survived hundreds of things so you dying from one stab will be stupid of you. Don't you dare die."

Mingi lightly chuckled, surprising the two in the room. They hadn't heard a genuine chuckle from their Captain in ages. Maniac like ones and ones when he thought someone was stupid were often heard but besides that, no genuine ones ever emerged until just recently.

"Don't worry. I don't plan on dying yet."

Mingi's head began feeling lighter and lighter, causing him to lean backwards and rest his head against the wall. He lifted his head and opened his eyes just in time to see the soldier from the palace come down the hatch when he fainted. 

And there lay the powerful Song Mingi, vulnerable and easy to kill but luckily Park Seonghwa existed to snipe anyone that could cause harm.

The soldier took one look at the way the red haired males body went limp and instantly assumed the worst possible outcome.

He left the letter on the small table in the corner of Mingi’s room and instantly rushed off the ship and headed back to the mainland. Going as fast as possible, he burst into the King's throne room.