Chapter 6

Yunho wasn't allowed to room with the rest of the crew mates for multiple reasons.

One, Mingi figured they would probably try to kill him. Two, Mingi didn't trust him in a room with the rest, stating that he might try to escape because of lack of restraints and too much freedom. And Three, Mingi insisted the Prince remain in locks and sleep in his room on the floor.

They spent nearly an entire month in the same ship together, Yunho not leaving Mingi's side for more than two minutes. 

Yunho could feel the Kingdom on land crumbling and the people growing concerned due to his whereabouts. He wished he could at least send some form of message that he was fine and still within the Kingdom's territory but he couldn't. He was stuck on the ship with whort chains to hold him in place.

But at the same time, he hadn’t even asked if he could send a message but he didn't want to ask and then be turned down. Better to remain quiet than be denied.

The only times he was away from Mingi was when he was using the bathroom and even then, Mingi would occasionally enter the bathroom with him and simply look away but remain in the same room. Showers were done in the same way and sometimes the Captain would shamelessly get dressed in front of the Prince without a care.

Yunho had seen many scars on the Captain's body and he wondered how he got them. If he had got them during his travels or before. If they were the cause of a horrible childhood or due to his own actions.

Either way, Yunho was fascinated by the way Mingi survived and had become hardened by battle.

No wonder he had been disgusted by San killing himself and Yunho looking weak before him. He had endured more and had scars to prove it but even so, Yunho thought that the Captain was ignoring the fact that not everyone had a strong mentality and were affected by different things.

During the first week, it was awkward. Yunho had no clue how to act nor did he know if he was allowed to speak. How was he supposed to just strike up a conversation?

"Hey, let me re-introduce myself. The names Jeong Yunho, the Crown Prince of Gwangju and next in line to the throne. I killed your crew mate Yukhei by drowning him and he’s tied under the ship probably already eaten by the fish."

Yeah, no. That wasn't the introduction he was planning on giving.

He did see a lot of the first and second in command boatswains, Hongjoong and Seonghwa, respectively, and he had come to learn that they were basically incharge of everything even though Mingi was the Captain.

By the second week, he was finally becoming comfortable and could talk freely. He learned that Mingi wasn't one for talking much but he didn't mind the rambling the Prince did. 

He listened carefully and occasionally gave input but it was rare he did so. The Captain thought the giant male was adorable and on any other occasion, he would have already told the person to shut the fuck up but seeing the giant male excitedly talk about everything and anything, he couldn’t bring himself to tell him to stay quiet.

He sensed the male had never had anyone to talk to and decided that even though he wasn't exactly the right person the Prince should talk to, he would accept it.

"Did you know corals are actually animals?!" Yunho asked excitedly on one evening when they had nothing to do but sit in Mingi’s room.

Mingi had originally planned on placing pins on the areas he planned on going to next but his plans flew out the hatch once the Prince began to excitedly ramble.

"Oh? Where did you learn all of this?" Mingi asked, deciding he should have something to say.

"I used to read all day until I got old enough to get out of the castle on my own. I had nothing to do anyway so I spent every day in the library reading books," Yunho replied with a shrug.