Chapter 9

"Captain! LOOK WHAT THE KING HAS ANNOUNCED!" a crew mate by the name of Jaemin announced, climbing over the side of the ship. "And it was the handsome soldier that brought it out!"

"The soldier who brought it isn't what's important," Mingi snapped, snatching a copy of the letter from the younger male with his good arm.

A Decree from your King;

In two days time, all those who wish the Captain of the Pirates dead, come to the palace.

We will discuss the situation and see what can be done.

Captain Min, I hope this message finds you in good health. Please meet me for a discussion on this topic tomorrow.

-Signed,

King of the Empire of Gwangju, Jeong Yunho

Mingi wished to ball up the piece of paper and break something.

How DARE Yunho want to kill him and then ask to meet up? Fucking foolish. He was probably going to kill the Captain once they met up and use the excuse of the people gathering to make it seem like the murder wasn't going to happen on the same day.

"Seonghwa, Hongjoong, ready all the ammunition available and load several rifles. We have a bitch to kill."

Mingi couldn't wrap his head around the fact that they had become a bit close and even joked around now, but the situation had come down to this. The fact that he had treated Yunho like the Prince he was, well the best that Mingi could do. Yet here he was becoming the target of a murder.

He would have to kill Yunho before the King would kill him. He wouldn't allow himself to be shot by some new King who hardly knew how to take care of himself. That would be such an embarrassing death.

Mingi didn't sleep that night. He figured that if he wanted to be murdered it would happen while he slept. And so he sat at the bow of the ship all night, delicately pressing around the stitches of his stab wound.

He remembered the fingers of the King that traced around the same cut, the long warm fingers that had run up and down his chest. The hands that had been placed over the Captain's pecks and the warm cheek that had been squished against his chest.

The same adorable King who wanted Mingi dead.

Anger flared into the King once again and it surprised him.

He was used to Kingdom's wanting him dead but the fact that it was Yunho who wanted him dead was unsettling. He didn't like the thought of the King trying to murder him.

And by golly was the giant adorable as fuck.

The urge to want to wrap the King in a hug was overpowering the Pirate and he kicked the side of the ship in rage. How dare he get these emotions?

"I can not be falling for the fucking King of Gwangju. The same damn King who wants me dead and who I will kill first. The stupid King with adorable cheeks and the most random remarks. FUCK!"

The Captain was frustrated, he was NOT supposed to have these emotions. He was NOT supposed to be doubting his kill.

"Sounds like you have finally found someone you like," a voice said, approaching behind Mingi.

Mingi didn't turn around, recognizing it as Hongjoong and he sighed.

"I don't think I like him. He's just adorable."

"Yeah right. What's the first thing you think of when you hear his name?"

"Fucking adorable giant whose cheeks I wanna squish."