First Time Choreographing

Ben choreographs his first piece! About damn time too /lh

------------------------------

Third Person's P.O.V.

Age: 20

"I think you're ready."

"Ready for what?"

"You're ready to choreograph a piece by yourself."

Ben's jaw nearly dropped at Estelle's words. He stopped mid-motion. His pointe shoes halfway tucked into his bag. Did he really just hear that? His ears weren't playing some kind of trick on him? Estelle actually said that? And was serious?!?!

"Yes, I'm serious," Estelle stated, seemingly reading Ben's mind.

"One hundred percent serious?" Ben asked, barely containing the excitement evident in his voice.

Estelle only nodded her head in response. A delighted squeal left Ben's mouth at that confirmation. He's wanted to choreograph a routine by himself for ages and he was finally allowed the opportunity to do so.

Belongings forgotten, Ben bounded over to Estelle and squashed her in a tight hug.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" he beamed.

"You're quite welcome Twinkle Toes," Estelle teased, giving Ben a light squeeze.

The brunette let the use of his old stage name slide. He was too excited to care. Said excitement practically radiating off of him in waves.

"Can I pick the song?"

"Of course."

"How long should it be?"

"As long as you want and can manage."

"Really?"

Estelle nodded again. Ben's smile widened at that. Somehow getting more excited than he already was. Ideas already firming in his mind.

"When should I have the piece ready?"

"Is two weeks long enough?"

It was Ben's turn to nod. A bright smile still plastered on his face.

"Good," Estelle began, "Now run along home. You have work in the morning."

"Right!" the brunette grinned, retrieving his things and headed out of the studio. Barely hiding the delighted skip in his step as he made his way towards his car.

-page break-

"Hello?"

"Mom! You won't believe what Estelle told me in class earlier!"

"Ben?" Sandra yawned, "Sweetie, it's almost midnight."

"I know, but this couldn't wait until morning. Sorry."

"It's okay dear. What's got you so excited?"

"Estelle said I'm ready to choreograph my first piece!" Ben exclaimed as he readjusted his position to stretch out his other leg.

"That's amazing sweetheart!" Sandra beamed.

"Who's that?" Carl mumbled, his voice barely audible on Ben's end of the call.

"It's me dad," Ben started, "I just called to say Estelle's letting me choreograph my first piece!"

There was a bit of shuffling before Carl's voice clearly crackled over the line, "That's great! I'm proud of you."

"Thanks dad," Ben said with a smile, "I'll let you guys go back to sleep now."

"You get some sleep too, son."