Estelle to the Rescue

This chapter contains instances of sexual harassment and attempted sexual assault. If that is going to make you uncomfortable/trigger you, feel free to skip this chapter. Stay safe y'all.

-------------------------------------

Third Person's P.O.V.

Age: 28

"Do you want to switch up your classical piece this year?"

"Switch it up how exactly?" Ben asked as he laced up his pointe shoes.

"You could dance with somebody," Estelle explained, "You don't have to start with something big like a pas de deux. There's plenty of divertissements to choose from. If you want to try it of course."

Ben paused his action and pursed his lips. Taking a few moments to think over Estelle's suggestion. Dancing with a partner would make for some good ballet practice and experience. Ben hasn't danced with anyone else before aside from his instructor but that doesn't really count. She only dances with him to teach not to perform. Teaching was Estelle's passion not performing.

"I could give it a shot," Ben finally said.

"Great," Estelle said, "I'll call in a favour with Alexander and find you a partner. You remember him right?"

"I wish I didn't," Ben said, standing up and heading to the barre.

"Oh c'mon, he doesn't tease you that badly."

Ben grumbled in response and began to do some simple barre exercises.

Estelle giggled and said, "Alright Twinkle Toes."

-page break-

A week later, Estelle's favour was fulfilled. Alexander, along with the ballet dancer who would be Ben's partner, were at the studio. Both eager to get started on the divertissement.

"Lexi!" Estelle exclaimed, running up to her friend and trapping him in a hug.

"Stella!" Alexander shouted back as he returned the hug.

Ben grumbled from his position on the floor.

"Don't think I forgot about you topolino."

"Will you ever stop calling me that?" Ben asked.

"I don't think he will Twinkle Toes," Estelle answered.

"You guys and nicknames..." Ben muttered as he stood up, his tone coming off as less annoyed than he was trying to portray.

"Glad I'm not the only one sick of them."

"Oh right!" Alexander said, stepping aside to reveal the dancer he brought with him, "Almost forgot about you caramellino."

Estelle giggled as the dancer rolled his eyes.

"Ben, this is Noah," she introduced, "Noah, this is Ben."

"Nice to meet you," Noah said, extending his hand to the brunette.

"Nice to meet you too," Ben replied, taking Noah's hand and exchanging a firm handshake.

After shaking hands, Noah's grip lingered for just a moment. Ben didn't pay it too much attention.

"Now that introductions are out of the way," Alexander said clapping his hands together, "We have a divertissement to teach!"

-page break-

Ben and Noah made quick progress in learning the Red Riding Hood divertissement. There really wasn't much to it. Divertissements are much shorter than a pas de deux or a coda. They acted as an interlude between bigger sections of a ballet after all. That didn't mean the whole process was smooth sailing.