Don't Mock Ballet

This chapter is dedicated to ivystar over on Ao3. They left some lovely comments and gave me the inspiration for this chapter. I hope y'all like it!

----------------------------------

Third Person's P.O.V.

Age: 21

Ben dusted off his hands as he detransformed. A small smirk on his face as glanced around the area. The smirk growing slightly wider as his eyes landed on each of the cuffed bad guys he took down moments before. Yet another successful mission.

"Now for the boring part," Ben thought as he made his way over the closest criminal.

Loading bad guys into plumber vehicles and transferring them to the appropriate facility is always tedious. More so this time around given the scale of the operation. Ben, with the help of Rook and a couple plumber squads, took down an up and coming crime syndicate. Criminal organizations like that are rarely small. Hence, why Ben finds this part of missions boring.

As the last two criminals were being guided to a vehicle, there was an explosion in the distance. The ground shook somewhat violently because of it. Ben whipped his head in the direction it came from as he steadied himself. Squinting at the slowly rising wisps of smoke. Judging from the vibrations alone, one would guess it wasn't very far but the visibility of the smoke said otherwise. That couldn't mean anything good.

"I got it," Ben said as he dialed in XLR8.

"Ben wait-" Rook started but got cut off as the brunette sped away.

It didn't take long for Ben to get to the site of the explosion. A trail of dust settling behind him as he skidded to a stop. He took a few moments to visually access the damage before speeding around the rubble. Half of the warehouse was destroyed. There seemed to have been nothing stored inside and luckily, no civilians were in the surrounding area. With that, Ben detransformed and pulled up his communication channel with Rook on the omnitrix.

"How is it looking down there?"

"Half a warehouse got blown up," Ben answered, "Seems like it was empty and there aren't any civilians in the surrounding around."

"Any sign of the perpetrators?"

Before Ben could reply, something shifted in the right corner of his vision. He stilled and waited a moment for it to move again. Nothing.

"Ben? What happened?"

"I think I found them," the brunette whispered glancing where the movement was, "give me a second."

Ben lowered his arm slightly to get a better look around. As he brought the omnitrix back up to speak, he spied another bit of movement. This time, it came from his left. There was more than one person here with him. Great.

"There's at least two perps here," Ben whispered, "They're trying to be stealthy."

Rook hummed in acknowledgement and stated, "I am on my way."

It was Ben's turn to hum in response as Rook closed the communication channel. Letting his arm drop to his side. He looked around the area once more. He caught a figure moving and quickly went to dial in an alien. The action went incomplete as Ben expertly dodged a pink throwing knife.

"Oh c'mon!"

Ben's head whipped in the direction of the voice. Hand ready to slam down on the omnitrix. His eyes landed on a humanoid alien whose appearance resembled that of an oak tree.

"Seriously Xylo?" another voice chimed in, "We almost had him!"

"No you didn't," Ben stated flatly.

"Quiet!" a third voice shouted, "If Malik didn't trigger the bomb early we wouldn't be here right now!"