Pas De Deux

This chapter contains references to past sexual harassment and past attempted sexual assault. If that's going to trigger you feel free to skip to the first page break or proceed with caution. Stay safe y'all and fuck gender norms

----------------------------------------

Third Person's P.O.V.

Age: 34

"We need to talk."

Ben nearly lost his balance as he awkwardly landed a jump at Estelle's bluntness. Normally, she would gently get Ben's attention before telling him they had something to talk about. Whatever she wanted to talk about must've been serious.

"I'm all ears," Ben said.

"Do you know anything about Nicolette Shaw?" Estelle asked.

"Yeah," Ben replied, "He regularly makes headlines for not going on pointe but rather training the way men in ballet typically do."

Estelle hummed in acknowledgement and began scrolling through her phone. Her eyes narrowing slightly as she searched for something.

"Why do you ask?"

"This," Estelle said showing Ben an email she received from Nicolette himself.

"No way," Ben said in disbelief once he finished reading the email.

"It's his actual email," Estelle said, "I checked. That's not the main thing I want to talk to you about though."

Ben was worried now. Estelle's body language didn't help to calm him. She seemed on edge and very uncomfortable. Shifting her weight from foot to foot too often. It was like she was afraid to broach the topic that she wanted to discuss. Or rather, needed to discuss. Estelle definitely didn't want to talk about it given her current behaviour.

"Do you want to accept his offer?" Estelle finally asked.

"I don't see why not," Ben replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"One hundred percent sure?"

Ben opened his mouth to answer but realization hit him before he could utter a single syllable.

"You're afraid that 'you know what' might happen again."

Estelle's eyes widened slightly before she averted them. Glancing everywhere except at Ben. Bingo.

"I just want to make sure you're comfortable working with someone again," Estelle said, "Especially after what 'you know who' did."

"He has a name."

"I know but-"

"Hey," Ben interrupted, "Remember our talk back then?"

Estelle nodded, still not looking towards the brunette.

"Remember what I promised you?" Ben asked.

"Humour me with the details," Estelle said.

"I promised you that I'd express any discomfort with my dance partner from the get go instead of letting it advance to that."

"Are you going to keep that promise?" Estelle asked, gazing directly into Ben's eyes.

"I will."

"I'll send confirmation to Nicolette then," Estelle said, before exiting the room.

Ben frowned after his instructor. She didn't sound convinced. Not in the slightest, but Ben couldn't blame her. He could only hope that she'd see his words were true with time.