Chapter 15

I woke up the next morning with a headache. I turned on the lights and rubbed my eyes. I picked up the new phone from the bedside table and switched it on. It was 8:23. The phone was empty except for the preloaded apps and contacts. I quickly downloaded a news app, wondering if even after a week, the Sokovian fight would still be plastered everywhere. It was. I groaned and chucked the phone on the bed. I hoped in the shower, still not used to the technology but getting there. I still hoped i wouldn't need to get used to it. I washed my puffy face, hoping it would rid the redness- it didn't. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt Pepper had bought me. The jeans were baggy and blue, the top was just plain black. When i walked downstairs to the smell of cinnamon buns, Pepper's face lit up from where she sat at the table. "Oh your wearing the clothes! I had to guess the sizes so i hope it is all ok." I sat in one of the chairs at the table. "Ye, they're good. Thanks." I muttered. Tony passed me a plate with a pastry on it and i immediately dug in. 

"How's that new phone working out for you?" He asked. I took another bite and nodded. "Ye, it's good." I replied. An awkward silence fell over the table like usual. Pepper and Tony shared a glance. "Erm, so Clara, good news." Pepper started. I gave her a look that made her shrink back slightly. "Alena, I'm sorry." She corrected herself.  I looked up at her with a suspicious face. Good news was never good news. "We got you enrolled at MSST." I furrowed my brows. "What's that?" I asked. "It's the local high school. The beginning of term starts in 2 weeks so you can start your junior year at the same time as the other students." She had to be joking right? "What!" I exclaimed. Tony leant back in his seat and raised his brows. "I told you she wasn't gonna like it." He told Pepper who glared back at him. "Ok well she has to go to school, what else is she going to do, run around all day with the avengers?" I scoffed. "I wouldn't want to do that either." I muttered. Pepper looked back to me. "Look, i'm sorry but you have to go to school." I knew when there was no way out and no point fighting so i sighed but didn't argue anymore. 

The next two weeks felt like years. I didn't leave my room, hardly even my bed for the most of it. I stayed in my room for most of the time thinking about Pietro whilst trying not to think about him. I only ever left Stark tower to visit Wanda and Natasha at the avengers compound. Except for Pietro's burial. 

Sokovia was destroyed, we couldn't bury him in his home country, so we buried his body in new York central park. I think he would have liked Central park, it had lots of space to run in. The avengers came to witness it but no one spoke at it, only me and Wanda really knew him and neither of us could bring ourselves to talk about him. I don't like to think about it, when i do remember it i just get this feeling of despair. I remember after the burial, i sat on a bench by my self, not really sure how i was meant to feel. Clint came to sit next to me and at first i just wished he would go away, but in the end i was grateful. He told me he didn't know Pietro but he knew he was one of the bravest people he had ever met and that he saved his life. He told me Pietro died the way he would have liked, helping people. That gave me a small amount of comfort. 

I woke up filled with dread on the 1st of august. I dressed in jeans and an ordinary t-shirt. I stared at my self in the mirror. I wasn't looking to make a good impression, in fact I wasn't even planning on showing up at all. I hoped I would be able to disappear down the street once happy had dropped me off. I grabbed the school bag full of school supplies Pepper had bought for me and slung it on my back. I trudged down the stairs. "Great your ready." Tony said. Happy was already here and chatting to Tony about something. "Oh wow you look great." Pepper exclaimed. "Well erm, have a good day." Tony uttered. "Don't get into trouble." He added. Happy took me downstairs and out to the car. I sat in the back like i had for the past few weeks. The journey only took 15 minutes. Students stared at the swanky car that pulled up outside the school entrance. I spotted a boy awkwardly waiting by the curb and i groaned. "What is he doing here?" I asked. 

The shadow Hunterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें