Chapter 31

The next few weeks, all anyone talked about was prom. Who was going with who, what everyone was wearing, what people couldn't wear because Dina was wearing it. "Are you coming tonight?" Peter asked as we walked out of school. "I don't know, probably not, i haven't bought a dress." I told him. "Oh well, i'll see you on monday i guess. Bye" He said as i jumped into the car. Tony was at some university talk when i got home so i sat on the sofa and flicked through tv channels. It had been 2 months since Pepper had left and neither me or Tony had seen her since a month ago in the hospital. As far as we knew, she was still living with her parents and working from there. I hoped, but i wasn't sure if she would ever come back. 

I pulled my homework out of my bag and started to complete it. In American history we were learning about Peggy Carter, the founder of SHIELD. Steve had known her during the second world war. But when he came out of the ice, she had lived her life and now she was on her death bed. I felt sorry for Steve, that he had missed out on her life. I couldn't possibly imagine what it was like to adjust to a whole new century, a new world whilst you missed out on what could have been. But I understood to an extent. I had to adjust to a new country, a new life whilst missing what could have been with Pietro. I moved on to Physics and then calculus and just when i finished Spanish (which was a breeze for me seeing as i had fluent since i was 10) Tony arrived home. 

"Good day at school?" He asked. "Yeah, it was alright. How was your talk?" I replied. He shrugged, chucking his bag on the table. "Well i ended up paying all of their tuition for a year, so i would say successful." Tony checked his watch then went to grab a glass of water. "Isn't it your prom tonight?" He asked. I started to slowly put away my homework. "I'm not going." I told him. "Why not? It's your prom night, it will be one of the best nights of your life." He told me. I laughed, "I very much doubt that." Tony placed his glass down and sat next to me. "Why won't you go?" He asked. "Teenage cliches and school functions aren't really my thing." 

"I thought you might say that." Tony muttered. "look, you have had a tough year and now Pepper's left..." He took a moment before continuing. "It's only ever me and you here and i think it would be good for you to spend an evening with you friends, have fun, be a teenager." I sighed and looked at him. "Besides, i bought you something to wear just in case you decided to go and although it wouldn't affect me massively, i would prefer not to waste the money." I cocked an eyebrow. "You bought me a dress?" I questioned. "Well, Wanda and Natasha told me what you would like." I laughed in disbelief. "Go check it out and then if you like it, i'll drive you to Prom." He suggested, gesturing to the stairs. "Fine, but i'm not promising anything." I said, standing up and walking to the stairs. 

When i opened the door to my bedroom, i spotted a black suit carrier laying on my bed. I unzipped it and carefully pulled out the dress. The whole dress was a beautiful shade of emerald green, the bodice was made up of a lace material and the skirt was silk that slipped through my fingers. I thought there was no harm in trying it on. So i pulled off my jeans and my t-shirt and slipped into the dress. I stood in the mirror and smiled slightly. It fitted me perfectly and the dress flowed out to just above my ankles. The back dipped slightly, exposing my tattoo. As i stared at myself i felt something i had never thought before- i looked quite nice.  I guess there was no harm in going to Prom, at least for a little bit.

 So i curled my hair, applying some makeup(and making sure to cover my widow tattoo with heavy coverage foundation) I secured my locket around my neck and put peter's earrings into my lobes. I looked at my self in the mirror one last time and pulled on my boots. I took off my suit activator which i wore all the time, as an effort to have a normal teenage night. I hitched up my dress slightly as i walked down the stairs awkwardly. "Wow, you look...beautiful." Tony beamed as he caught sight of me, standing up. "You look like your mother." He added. I smiled slightly. "Is Happy taking me?" I asked. Tony grabbed the car keys for the mustang off a hook. "No, I'm taking you. Come on, you don't want to be late." I was surprised, Tony never had time to drive me around.

The shadow Hunterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें