Chapter 30

On the 10th of May, i jumped out of the car, bidding Happy goodbye and rushed up to the curb to meet Peter. "Happy Birthday Spider boy." I whispered to him. He smiled a goofy smile. "Thanks, and it's not boy." He reminded me for the millionth time. "Yes but i go to say man and then i look at you and it just doesn't really match up." I teased. "very funny." Peter replied as we walked into the front doors. "I got you a present." I told him, handing him a a neatly wrapped box. "You didn't have to." He said, pushing the box away. "You got me a birthday present, it's only fair i get you one." I told him. I had retrieved the earrings he had bought me from the bottom of my draw and had started to wear them again. "Come on." I insisted, passing him the box again. He carefully unwrapped the paper and stuffed it in the bin a meter away. Inside the wrapping was a case and when Peter opened it, inside sat a pair of glasses. "Glasses?" He questioned. "Not just any glasses." I said proudly. He furrowed his brows at me. "Put them on." I told him. He placed them on his face and immediately jumped, his mouth becoming the shape of an 'o'. "Woah." He muttered. 

"Pretty cool isn't it." I smirked. He took them off and stared at them, turning them over in his hand. "I call them Perception eco technology eyewear reactors, or P.E.T.E.R for short." He looked up at me with a grin. "You made these?" He asked in astonishment. "Don't act so surprised. I told you i had gotten good, it's in my DNA, you do know who my dad is right?" Peter laughed and put the glasses back on. "Just look around and it will give you information on an item or person, birthday, social medias, anything known about them on the internet. It also tells you the weather, the time and the news- I thought you could use them on any friendly neighbourhood spiderman missions." I explained. "How long did it take you to make these?" He asked. "Not too long, a month, a lot of downloading, I just had to create a software that could access the whole of the internet- it was Tony really, he already had the idea and he did most of the hard stuff."

 He looked at me and frowned. "There isn't a lot of information given about you." I shrugged. "There isn't a lot known about me." I told him. "Only recent articles." He said before he took the glasses off and placed them in the case safely. "Thank you so much. Are you coming to Liz's party tonight?" He asked. "Liz's party?" I asked, my smile dropping ever so slightly. "Yes she invited us all to her party tonight and i thought seeing as it is my birthday we could all go." I doubted a high school party was really my thing. "yes sure, i'll be there, just text me her address and the time." But it was Peter's birthday so i would go. 

That evening at 8, i walked down into the kitchen wearing the same dress from my birthday, the leather boots Nat had got me and the leather jacket Wanda had got me. "Can Happy drive me to a party?" I asked Tony who was sat reading the newspaper at the table- 'Who Is Clara Stark' printed on the top. I knew an article would come about soon enough. "A party? Whose Party?" He questioned. "Some girls from school, Liz. She's friends with Peter and the four of us are going to celebrate Peter's birthday there." I explained. "It's Peter's birthday today?" He asked. I sighed, "Yes it is." I told him. "Tell him happy birthday from me." He said flicking his page in the newspaper. "So can Happy take me?" I asked again. "No drinking, no drugs, no boys." I rolled my eyes, "Dad!"  He looked back up from the paper again, a small smile spread on his lips- still getting used to me calling him dad. "Yes i'll give him a call." A couple minutes later i was getting into the Mercedes and giving Happy the address. "Thanks Happy." I said as i climbed out the car. "Have a good time and text me when you want picking up." He replied. 

"Clara!" MJ called from the front porch of the house. "Damn, You look hot!" She exclaimed as i approached her."Are the boys here yet?" I asked. "yeah they are both inside, Ned's trying to talk to Betty and Peter is entranced by Liz as usual." She laughed and i tried to join in. The front yard was packed with people drinking and laughing. The house was even more full. People were making out in corners, playing beer pong on the table and shouting over the music. "Any luck Ned?" MJ asked as we walked past him, skulking in a corner. "With what?" He asked. "Asking Betty to prom." MJ answered. He flushed red and ran his fingers through his hair, "What? I'm not trying to ask her to prom." He stumbled awkwardly. "Then why are you staring after her like a creepy stalker?" MJ asked. We laughed as Ned flushed even redder.