Chapter 34

Wanda, Nat, Steve and Sam arrived back at the avengers compound the next day. Tony and Steve had been right about governments wanting to get involved. Secretary Ross was holding a meeting with the avengers at the compound. Tony had left for the meeting and i was sitting in my room on the phone to Peter. "Tony says i have to lay low for a while." I told him. "What because of Sokovia?" Peter asked. "This incident has brought up a lot of speculation about the safety of Wanda and there are a shit ton of conspiracies about me so people don't think i'm safe either." I explained. "But you'll be ok right?" he asked. "Ye, i'll be fine. I'm just worried about Wanda." I said. "Tony's at this stupid meeting now." I continued. "With secretary Ross?" Peter asked. "Yep. Tony thinks there going to want to keep control of the avengers now." I sighed. "Really? That's stupid." Peter said. "I know. That means the government will have to deploy them in an emergency, it will slow them down but dad seems to think it will end up with less people dead." 

"And i doubt you'll be allowed on your little friendly neighborhood Spiderman errands." I said. "Really? You think so?" Peter asked with disappointment. "I mean i don't know, but if Tony is right and they do put the avengers under government control, you are an avengers ally and i doubt they will want you going around with no control." I pondered. "And what about you?" He asked. "What about me?" I questioned. "Well what will you do?" I thought about the question. "Well i don't really do what you do, i guess i'm technically an ally too." I said. "Maybe you will become an actual avenger. You turned it down last time but Mr Stark still made you a suit and now your like freelance." I laughed at the idea of me being a freelance superhero. "Were you offered to be an avenger?" I asked. "After Sokovia, Mr Stark said i had to prove myself before he could promote me." Downstairs i heard the elevator doors open. "Sorry Peter i have to go, i think Tony's home. Bye." I said. "Ok, bye, talk to you later." I hung up and left my bedroom. When i entered downstairs, Tony was sprawled on the sofa, looking exhausted. "How did it go?" I asked. He looked over at me and sighed. "They're putting in place an order, the Sokovia Accords they are calling it." I crossed my arms over my chest and furrowed my brows. "They are a set of legal documents that will regulate the activities of the avengers and any genetically or technically enhanced being." 

"What so we won't be able to do anything with out permission?" I asked and Tony nodded. "117 countries are signing it and we are going to a conference in Vienna this weekend to sign too." Tony sighed and stood up, walking to the kitchen to pour himself a glass of scotch. "I've read over the documents and all in all, i see no problem. Sure we will have less control but it will mean a lot less deaths." He took a sip from his drinks. "Then why do you seem put out?" I asked. If he saw no problem with it then why was he so annoyed. "Rogers and Sam refuse to sign. They don't see the benefit of being under government control, they think it will only make it worse.  Wanda and Vision are on the fence." He groaned. "What about Nat?" I asked. "Surprisingly she is all up for signing." That was a surprise. I didn't expect she would willingly sign for something like this- to be under someone's control. "So Me, Nat and Rhodey are signing on everyone's behalf. If we sign or not we will have the same out come but Steve is too proud to sign." He downed the rest of his drink and placed the glass on the counter. "When are you going to Vienna?" I asked. "Two days." He stated. "Happy isn't coming back from his break until Monday so you will have to stay at the compound." I frowned. "Why can't i stay here? I'm 17, it's only for three days." I questioned. "You know why." Tony said, his eyes piercing through me. 

Tony dropped me off at the compound, picking up Rhodes and Nat on the way to the airport. I stayed in the same room i had last time, next to Wanda. She was still a mess. I tried to convince her we weren't blaming her but she still blamed herself. On the day of the meeting, the rest of us(Me, Sam, Steve, Wanda and Vision) congregated in front of the tv to watch the televised meeting. Sam and Steve sat in a silent grudge. The news reporter stood in front of the UN building with a microphone in her hand. "The King of Wakanda, T'Chaka and his Son, T'Challa are here in Vienna to oversee the signing of the Accords after 11 Wakandan relief workers were killed in the attack." Beside me i saw Wanda flinch and look down into her lap. "I have confirmation that the accords are now being signed." The women reported before the cameras switched to another inside the building. Rows of countries representatives sat in the room, Nat, Rhodes and Tony sat at the fronts. Pens were poised in their hands as they scribbled their signatures. Camera's snapped in the background and then everyone stood up and started to disperse having signed.